VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chrisandchan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I am hoping someone can shed some light on this problem I have with trying to run TR under Glidos.

I have installed vdmsound.2.1.0 (first, as instructed), then Glidos, followed by the advanced installer. I then used the latter to install the Sold Out CD of Tomb raider, which I have done before (albeit a couple of years ago) I even downloaded and installed the JC level skin packs. I even paid for the key again, as I was sure it would work.

I have configured Glidos correctly (I think)! And when I click the “start game” button, I get the command screen, which asks me to press any key to continue. Once I have done this, the screen comes up, but it’s black, and only a flashing horizontal bar is visible in the lower left hand corner of the screen – and that’s how it stays.

Have I done something wrong?

(Windows XP SP3 on a laptop with a Duel Core 2.8 GHz cpu, Nvidia 9600GT)

Thank you,

Chris

Reply 1 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Try removing C:\TOMBRAID and reinstall using the preconfigured archive from http://www.glidos.net. Generally it's better to follow the instructions from the main website rather than from any other source.

Reply 2 of 5, by chrisandchan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Thank you for the advice. I deleted the C:\TOMBRAID folder and all contents in Safe Mode (can't get rid of the advanced installer files in normal mode for some reason!), I downloaded the pre-configured files for Glidos, but still get the same blank screen with the blinking line at the botton left hand corner!m at a loss what to do, as I've already uninstalled and reinstalled everything according to the Gidos instructions Ad nauseum, but to no avail 🙁

Chris

Reply 4 of 5, by chrisandchan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Perfect! Copied VDOS into the Glidos folder and it now works!

I think I may need another Glidos key though, as I've installed and unistalled the program quite a lot over the past few days!

Cheers,

Chris