VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by JadeRae

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been using Glidos for awhile with TR Gold, and it has been working perfectly, I even bought it to get rid of the (very) annoying spinning logo 😉.

However, I installed Redguard the other day and attempted to use Glidos with it, and have been met with no success. The game at first works fine, the FMVs play, and the sound works, but then when it gets to the loading screen for the initial game play (first pirate battle) the load bar only gets to 7% before a Dialouge box pops up that says, "Glidos MFC Aplication has encounterd a problem and needs to close." I tell it not to send the error report and the game crashes to the desktop and another message box which reads, "Read Failure" appears.

I am running the Direct 3D (psVoodoo) setting in Glidos, and I have 'Enable Glidos's VESA emulation' checked. Otherwise everything is the same as default.

My computer is running Windows Xp w/ 4 GB ram, NvidiaGeForce 9800 GTS, and Intel Core Duo 3.6 GHz processor.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated, I used to play Redguard all the time on my old 95 and would love to be able to play it with Glidos's enhanced graphics. 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know of any bugs that lead to Glidos crashing. Do you ever get other apps crash?

If Direct 3D isn't the default then I guess you aren't using the latest Glidos. Try v1.43. That has VDos32 built in and will use it as default for TR.