VOGONS

Common searches

only for TR1 ? :(

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Boa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have never played any of the TR Games, yet I own all of them (like many other ones, 🤣).
Now I got myself a brand new PC and decided to install my "I've been in the middle of playing for years" and some "I've always wanted to play" games, including the TRs.

Somehow I stumbled over the Glidos program/site, tried it out and bought it.

Now - as I went along installing - I wanted to peek into the sequels, too, but they don't appear in the glidos set-up.

I was wandering, what title/words I had to write into the games window, the name of the folder I created?

Or does the program not support TR 2 - 4 (5, 6)?

Reply 2 of 3, by Boa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

TR1 was working fine, too, without glidos, but I got it for the graphics part, which sucks on the later games as well 😉

I don't think I would have bought it for TR 1 only, the game itself doesn't cost that much, 🤣.

Well, I'm not going bancrupt because of it, just would have liked to improve view of the others also. My kind of luck, I guess...

Reply 3 of 3, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

IIRC, the rest of the series were Windows games.

GliDOS is just for DOS games.

AFAIK, the other games work fine in Windows.

correct

for Tr2 to 5 under Vista though
there are some patches that I recommend to use

see e.g. at tombraiderchronicles.com where there's also a single giant multipatcher utility, as I said, for 2 to 5.

We often forgive those who bore us, but we cannot forgive those whom we bore. (La Rochefoucauld)