VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Iverindor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! That made one good moment that I had not played Tomb Raider. I wanted to thread all the series while starting with the first. Except that I had a large surprise! My joystick was not recognized any more by the game. In fact, it is necessary me to install my old version 1.33 to be able to make turn the rotary menu. As for the recognized buttons, there are only joy 1 and joy 2 which appears. Otherwise, on the version 1.44, there is no answer, as if I of had not connected anything. I adore Tomb Raider 1. There I would like to be able to play again. Can you help me??? Here my configuration:

Windows XP Family Edition
Version 2002 Service Pack SP 3
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4 GHz 2.41 GHz
512 Mo Ram

Thanks !!!

Reply 1 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Under the DOS tab, try unchecking "Use VDos32". Generally everything is a lot more stable under VDos32, but it has no support for joysticks.

I think some people have managed to get the joystick to work with VDos32 by using some sort of mapper program, but I've forgotten the details (and could indeed be wrong).

Reply 2 of 4, by Iverindor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi! I finally remembered that I used the two only buttons granted to the joystick by the software. That was there is more than two years! But my joystick is not recognized any more a whole by the last version of Glidos, whereas that was the front case. I would like to be able to download and test an old version, better than 1.33 and less recent than 1.44. Something in the medium like 1.38. It is possible?

Reply 3 of 4, by Iverindor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi! I finally found an old version of Glidos, 1.40 in fact. The sound is not also so much so that in the version 1.44, but the joystick is recognized. I also found this software: JoyTokey which emulates the keys of the keyboard for the joysticks. I did not test it yet, but the comments on the Web seem encouraging. Some already use it for Tomb Raider with Glidos.