VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Bad Mojo

User metadata

Ok I'm sh!t at making DOS programs work.. or not work..

My problem is: how do I close GLIDOS/TOMB RAIDER properly? Whats the DOS -exit- command? How do I exit <GLIDOS running TR> properly? It keeps crashing my PC with pretty bad consequences if I don't shut down Windows properly...
Thanks

Reply 1 of 13, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What version of Glidos?

What are the actions that lead to the crash? If you exit TR via the ring menus in the normal way, and then click the close icon top right of the Glidos server window, there should be no problem.

Later versions of Glidos should be fairly happy even if you kill the server with the game running.

Oh yeh: what version of Windows?

Reply 2 of 13, by Bad Mojo

User metadata

I just can't shut the game down at all...

I have the latest(?) version of Glidos: 1.24

Call me thicker than the offspring of a village idiot and a TV weather girl but I just can't find any option to exit the game from the ring menu, theres just these options:

-Game
-Lara's Home
-Detail levels (?)
-Sound
-Controls

and if I press the up button theres the

-Compass

but thats it

I have Windows 98 SE

Thanks

Reply 3 of 13, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Originally posted by Bad Mojo I just can't shut the game down at all... Call me thicker than the offspring of a village idiot a […]
Show full quote

Originally posted by Bad Mojo I just can't shut the game down at all...

Call me thicker than the offspring of a village idiot and a TV weather girl but I just can't find any option to exit the game from the ring menu, theres just these options:

-Game

Choose GAME by hitting your ENTER key which zooms in on your Passport and it presents "New Game". Press your Right-Arrow key until it switches to "Exit Game". Press ENTER again.

This just in:

Hordes of village idiot offspring and TV weather girls are now converging on Bad Mojo's present location.

*heh*

Reply 5 of 13, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Glidos I can't see a village idiot stooping so low as to date a TV whether girl.

Hey, I've got no problem with them. Don't blame the U.K. weather girls in any case, their job is just too easy. All they need to do (95% of the time) is wave their hand in front of the U.K. map and repeatedly say this phrase:

Partly cloudy, chance of rain...

Reply 7 of 13, by Bad Mojo

User metadata
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

Choose GAME by hitting your ENTER key which zooms in on your Passport and it presents "New Game". Press your Right-Arrow key until it switches to "Exit Game". Press ENTER again.

Thanks 😀

Attachments

• doh2.gif
    Filename
    doh2.gif
    File size
    11.04 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 13, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Glidos No, that works with certainty only mid summer.

Oh, come on Paul. I lived there for five years. "Partly cloudy, chance of rain..." is always true somewhere in the U.K. Just ask the Irish.

Reply 9 of 13, by James Nix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

[QUOTE]

Choose GAME by hitting your ENTER key which zooms in on your Passport and it presents "New Game". Press your Right-Arrow key until it switches to "Exit Game". Press ENTER again

Never, never, NEVER!!!! instruct people to "hit" the ENTER key. Someone, someeher will follow instructions.

Muad Dib

Reply 13 of 13, by James Nix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

What, are you in some kind of coalition of recovering abused keyboards?

Actually, yes I am...

It was a 24x7 crew of 12 people per shift (4 shift crews, 3 on 1 off) of Chemical Workers. In their quiet moments (usually 3:30 AM Sunday morning) they received some arcane thrill from finding out ways to break a system by following the instructions..to the letter... and then my phone would ring.

I still wake up with cold sweats...

Muad Dib