VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi,

The title says it all: when launching glidos_V1_24.exe, the installation seems to be ok, I reach the end with a "Glidos has been installed" (or something like that). But in fact no directory has been created. I tried to change the location ("c:\glidos", "c:\a"), but with no luck.

So, is it me or is there a problem with the exe ?

I tried to download the zipped package of glidos but the link in the glidos.net web site leads to a 404.

My OS: Win98. I also tried with W2K, with the same result.

Popov

Reply 2 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Very strange. Never seen that before. Are you absolutely certain that no folder is being generated? The exe uses cabinet file routines internally. Perhaps support for that is broken on your system, although I've never heard of such a problem before.

How big is the exe?

Reply 3 of 4, by Unregistered

User metadata

Ok, I redownloaded the file, and then it could install on my W2K OS (but still not on the W98). So I copied the glidos directory from W2K to W98.

Now I have another problem: it doesn't work, when launching TR1 from glidos I'm stuck on a black screen and I have to reboot.

But neverminds, that's not so important, I will go with the original 640x480, it's ok for my needs.

Popov

Reply 4 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Getting stuck with a balck screen is often audio problems (your sound card drivers trying to pretend that you have an old sondblaster card - for the sake of a DOS program - and doing a bad job of it). In some cases pressing <ESC> a few times to get through the FMVs can do the trick.

You might do better running under W2K and using VDMSound for audio.