VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ON the trx project I am a bit flakey ( hey but I do it for free don't so don't make me kick your internet ass 😉 but if you happen to like some of the quest textures I am doing a retrofit and cleanup and possibly a remodel of some of the earilier levels , to wit :

if you have a(n) favorite(S) level / texture(s) let me know . I am somewhat curious to find out which ones you guys like best and least...and don't be shy it'll be a cold day on mercury before I take offense at O.P.O. 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

o.k since no will start I will :

1: caves = eh, O.K. , true to the original in a lot of areas but could use some work on the fresco's (bass relief's), and need to be color corrected for he original 'magic ' brown " washout .
(as a side note the base 'stone' texture took over 300 attempts before I got something that reduced the 'pattern' effect)

2:TILLAMAHOOKER (OR WHATEVER THAT LEVEL WAS CALLED ) sometimes garish sometimes gorgeous needs to be balanced for color and for too much detail too little detail on various textures. those pink and orange textures need some serious work .

3. lost valley ; fair over-all but could be more balanced color and STYLE wise , the biggest problem I see are that the plants do not generate a sense of uniformity , and perhaps the color saturation is to strong (it's the first level we got to be free of the magic brown restriction )

4) qualompec , er whatever , this level was a disaster. there are a few good textures but seriously what the hell was I thinking for some of the main components. maybe I should have picked a different week to quit sniffing glue

5 the cistern) for the most part this level rocks. if we disregard the unfinished bits the FEEL of this level is great . some of the metal bits could be done to better effect and I was really tempted to change the light color temperature of the end chambers...

for the nonce...

Reply 2 of 2, by TombRaiderTim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You really need to finish of the egypt textures, they are awesome. For tomb of qualopec, i'm not too sure how to put it, but it is too colourful if you know what i mean. The textures need to look a little bit more ancient and rocky.

"Immortality Has A Price, But What Are A Few Lives To Sacrifice For Your Dreams?"