VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

I downloaded V.124 to try it out. I had V.105 I believe, a long while back, which worked fine. Anyway, tried V.124 on my XP machine. Bottom line is that while the graphics worked well, nothing else did. So, I loaded it on my 98ME machine and of course the sound, etc. was perfect. The graphics however were not - they appear to be locked into 640 x 480 and will not change no matter when I click on something else or move the gamma slider. Why would this occur? thanks!

Reply 1 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know. That sounds really weird. On thing that hasn't changed is the way that the resolution is mapped.

With XP you need to use VDMSound and you need to run the TR setup to reconfigure the audio settings.

Reply 2 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered So, I loaded it on my 98ME machine and of course the sound, etc. was perfect. The graphics however were not - they appear to be locked into 640 x 480 and will not change no matter when I click on something else or move the gamma slider. Why would this occur?

Well, unless the Win98 machine has an identical hardware configuration to your XP machine, this kind of thing shouldn't be too surprising. My first question would be what kind of video hardware you have on the Win98 machine? If, for example, you had the original Voodoo card, 640x480 would be about the only 3D option.

Reply 3 of 6, by Unregistered

User metadata

good point. However, the video card is a GeForce 2 with the latest Nvidia drivers (unitil the one's that came out Wednesday). I'm going to load the new drivers and try again. Any other tips or observations would still be helpful. I'm sure that V 1.05 was at 600 x 800, and that worked fine.

Reply 4 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah, hang on! If when you say locked in 640x480, you mean the message in the server window says 640x480 then don't worry. That just means that TR1 thinks it is running 640480; Glidos will still be scaling up.