VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I downloaded the Glide/Blood exe file and installed it but not sure if I did it right. I already have the GOG version, was I supposed to install it in that directory or keep it separate per the default?

It works ok, maybe I'm expecting too much but still looks "rough" but probably need to tweak some stuff. Can anyone recommend some settings that might help? Running it per the "dosbox" toggle within Glidos.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1 of 3, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What I *really* recommend is that you use the Java-built game engine semi-port at:

https://m210.duke4.net/index.php/downloads/do … ava/50-bloodgdx

It's called BloodGDX, and it is amazing, being basically a Windows port of the game engine, so it runs the original game but with all of the advantages you'd expect of a modern Windows port, such as higher resolution support, proper mouse support, easier key binding, and so on, all from the one program.

The same bloke is also working on a game engine port for Redneck Rampage, Tekwar, Witchaven, Duke Nukem 3D, and Shadow Warrior 3D, though he's not released a version for the last two games (DN3D and SW3D) yet.

Reply 2 of 3, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kerr Avon wrote:
What I *really* recommend is that you use the Java-built game engine semi-port at: […]
Show full quote

What I *really* recommend is that you use the Java-built game engine semi-port at:

https://m210.duke4.net/index.php/downloads/do … ava/50-bloodgdx

It's called BloodGDX, and it is amazing, being basically a Windows port of the game engine, so it runs the original game but with all of the advantages you'd expect of a modern Windows port, such as higher resolution support, proper mouse support, easier key binding, and so on, all from the one program.

The same bloke is also working on a game engine port for Redneck Rampage, Tekwar, Witchaven, Duke Nukem 3D, and Shadow Warrior 3D, though he's not released a version for the last two games (DN3D and SW3D) yet.

Thanks Kerr Avon, hopefully it'll work with XP SP2. I'll post what I find out here when time allows.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 3 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC, it requires Java 6+ and I think Java is still compatible with XP up to 8 Update something so you should be good.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline