Common searches

Tomb Raider Xtra as a community effort?

Topic actions

Reply 180 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

He'd made a pack that put everyone's work together and also included the old stuff from the old site. I guess he thought some people might find it useful...

Reply 181 of 192, by Reda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Gambit !

I'm sorry if I disturbed you with the SFX file. I didn't want disturb you. I won't do this, I'm very sorry. Excuse me if you think I stole the TRX community job, it wasn't my objective.

So excuse me, I will write an article about NEW TEXTURES PACKS on my website, but not about old textures packs.

Good job for TRX, I'm sorry. 😢

I would to thank you for your permission to create a website about textures packs. I will insert only textures screenshots and link for tombraiderxtra.com

Sorry again 😢

Sorry if I don't speak very well english, I'm french 😉

Reply 182 of 192, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Reda! You don't have to be sorry for something you haven't done! You did exactly the right thing to ask permission. We said hosting our work was something we would rather you didn't do, but I am sure we are all really grateful for your enthusiasm and appreciation 😀

Reply 183 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello again Reda. Yes JC is right -- you've done nothing wrong. I was impressed that you asked first because many people would not have asked and that makes you a great person! Thanks for taking the time to ask and also respecting our wishes. I hope you weren't upset by me talking about this here.

Let us know when you're site is complete! 😀

Reply 185 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I changed the screenshots on the homepage to ones from my latest Peru textures. Still not finished, and it's not much, but at least some movement in the right direction! 😉

Reply 188 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks! Oh, and I completely reworked my Lara using some assets from the new Anniversary renders -- but I'm not showing that. You'll have to wait for the Peru pack. 😁

These latest screenshots were taken with mipmapping off to show more detail in the distance, if you were wondering why they looked a little 'scratchy'.

Reply 190 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I haven't looked at the site for a while and noticed you've been updating Quests packs, Paul. But now it's too confusing. What would I need to do to consolidate it into one download?

Reply 191 of 192, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

gambit ,

the best bet is to take silverlokallver, silverlok2allver , and atlantisallver and merge then into one all version compatible pak

I looked at the site the other day and noticed my downloads were a *cough* bit confusing , my fault really for not consolidating pauls hard work .

at any rate , unless anyone has a different opinion, I think the letter and version equiv can be jetttisoned as it is mostly out of date , and the silverlok, silverlok2 , and atlantis files can be merged .

One could pull the silverlok version(s) as they only work with U.S. compatible versions of TR , but there are some minor differences that I am rather fond of .

I suppose I should tighten up my messy ship , but if you are willing to do it that would be very cool indeed .

Reply 192 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you can do it, that would be cool. I don't mind if you have two packs for different versions of the games, but could you at least create packs that are a 'stand-alone' solution, and give them useful names? I'd really like people to be able to download and install packs without having to think too hard... 😉

The same goes for other artists too: it's much better to consolidate all your work into one pack, unless you have very good reasons not to.

Thanks all. 😀