VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi guys
Sorry in advance if there were other topics on this issue, I tried looking through archives bu did not find them. The post somewhat down the page in regards to sound problems seems to have a first part somewhere that I cant find.

My machine: Athalon 1Ghz
28gig HD
256 RAM
TNT2 Ultra 64MB

Im just d/led OpenGlide_v007b4.zip , the supposed fixed up version.
Well it works, but with a lot of side effects.

During flight, my machine's FPS drop dramatically when I look around inside the cockpit or around the sky. Ive tried turning clouds off and whatnot, reducing resolution...nothing. Its very slow going and almost impossible to play.

Furthermore, I played several game and the sound was fine but then all of a sudden it turned off in the game! No sound. Nothing I could do changed that.

Also there are some graphic glitches that make the cursor a multicolored square when in game, which is mildly annoying but not very troublesome.
My main problem is the FPS hit and the sound.

Once again, sorry If im rehashing something already discussed. Thanks in advance for any assistance, very much appreciated!

Reply 1 of 7, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You probably have an ATI graphice card and need to set IgnorePaletteChange to 1 in the file OpenGlid.ini

You should turn off sun glare too.

The graphics glitches are bugds in RB3D. I think someone is working on patching the scenery and models to avoid that.

Reply 7 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Snover totally forgot about that, it would've been useful when that one guy was complaining that similar instructions weren't working

Except his description made no sense, claimed that his audio was being shut off even though his RBPREFS.DAT had been properly "write-protected" and whatever changed it did not actually write a new time-stamp to the file.

About the only thing I could think of that could cause that would be a rip in the space-time continuum...and I kind of doubt that happened.