VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by giocamoto

User metadata

Thanks to Peter and is fabulous program I can play the great game Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, but I have a problem with the audio.I used setsound.exe to configure the music(General Midi) and sound effects(Sound Blaster Pro, the only one working) and either the music and the effects works great but not the speeches and the dialogues (also in the movies) they are shuttering and of really poor quality.There is a solution for this problem?

Yours, Giocamoto

P.s.: I have attached my DXdiags file with all my configuration

Attachments

• Filename
    dxdiag.txt
    File size
    24.17 KiB
    Downloads
    231 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I fear not under Windows ME. I know this problem well. Redguard's sound is terrible in 8bit, but 16 bit it is superb (except that some of the characters have really silly voices). You need to select SoundBlaster 16, but under Windows ME your sound card driver probably emulated Sound Blaster Pro.

If you were running under Windows XP, then you could use VDMSound, and have nice sound.

Sorry probably you have to put up with it.

Redguard is a great game.

Reply 3 of 6, by Giocamoto

User metadata
Snover wrote:

There is a Win9x beta version of VDMSound. Don't forget that! It's in the development forum. Remarkably stable, actually.

Thanks Colin for your support, yes Redguard is a great game.I searched the development forum for the VDMSound Beta but only found the alpha one.....Do you know where I can found the Beta version?

thanks forever, Giocamoto

Reply 4 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

There is a Win9x beta version of VDMSound. Don't forget that! It's in the development forum. Remarkably stable, actually.

No! Really! Bloody hell. This Vlad bloke is a sodding Genius.

Reply 5 of 6, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Vlad didn't write the VxD that makes it work in Win9x, Chris (who's that? *shrug*) did. And when I said beta, I meant alpha. Geeze, getting caught up in all the semantics, people.

That said, he is still a sodding genious, of course. 😜

Yes, it’s my fault.