Common searches

AAAAAAUGH! (Redguard)

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 29, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Strange about windowed mode... unless you are using a 256 color desktop mode.

I find it choppy too. It is about the most detailed Glide game I've seen, and it has to keep downloading textures to encompass the constantly changing visible area. I think probably it is doing pretty well for going through a Glide wrapper.

Reply 21 of 29, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the clarification, Paul. In a way, I feel relieved 😉

As for the desktop depth, no, I'm using a 32 bits color mode. Tried in 16 bits and still got the software OGL fallback. The game works accelerated in fullscreen, so it's not a big deal 😉

Reply 22 of 29, by Lithurge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok Kind of hijacking the thread, but I've got the opposite problem. Redguard is running a wee bit too fast for me. At full resolution/smoothing on.

Using WinXP Home
DX 9 & Detonators that are DX9 compatible
Geforce 3 (Vanilla)
SBLive 5.1
512mb
Athlon 1.4
(is this enough sys info?)

I run round like a man on angel dust & people are on the edge of being squeaky mice people.

Seems to automatically pick up my VDMsound install, but a bit crackly.

Reply 24 of 29, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kaminari wrote:

As for the desktop depth, no, I'm using a 32 bits color mode. Tried in 16 bits and still got the software OGL fallback. The game works accelerated in fullscreen, so it's not a big deal 😉

Very strange. I've never seen that before. What video card and driver?

Reply 25 of 29, by Lithurge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Blimey, that was a quick response!

Tried changing it to 100 (set to 1 as installed) but RG hung. I'll have a play tomorrow when I have more time.

May be worth posting that when it starts I get a Midimapper error (couldn't find it apparently) & the hard disk error mentions trying to find Tomb. exe.

Cheers Nick

Reply 28 of 29, by Lithurge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

OT: Morrowind is MUCH more fun than RedGuard....and it works good too. 😀

Ahh but Redguard & I have unfinished business, from when I got rid of my Voodoo.

I'll finish the damn game even if it kills me 😀