VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Help help help friends!

I,ve just downloaded Glidos (latest version) and also I downloaded VDMSound to support my Win 2000 for sound. I,ve installed them very carefully using directions. But whenever I play Tombraider 1, often it can't load certain levels. It seems to be random. The last time I played, it couldn't load level 3. Sometimes, level 8. It's actually random and the glidos shuts down and I'm back in Windows.

Also, when loading TR, first, the screen returns to Windows and goes back to TR many times until the game reaches the passport. And the sound also cuts many times during this.
But game speed is perfect.

One more question, I noticed some unknown files in my Tombraid folder after installing Glidos. These files are: LEV6_0.3DF, LEV6_1.3DF, LEV6_2.3DF........................LEV6_9.3DF. What are these files for? Could you please let me know what is the function of them?

I appreciate your attention.

Thanks.

Steve

Reply 1 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unregistered wrote:

Help help help friends!

I,ve just downloaded Glidos (latest version) and also I downloaded VDMSound to support my Win 2000 for sound. I,ve installed them very carefully using directions. But whenever I play Tombraider 1, often it can't load certain levels. It seems to be random. The last time I played, it couldn't load level 3. Sometimes, level 8. It's actually random and the glidos shuts down and I'm back in Windows.

That's strange. Do you lose Glidos complete, or is the server dialog still present? Any interesting messages in the server window? Is there a difference between using GLidos in windowed and fullscreen mode?

Also, when loading TR, first, the screen returns to Windows and goes back to TR many times until the game reaches the passport. And the sound also cuts many times during this.
But game speed is perfect.

The jumping back and forth is normal.

One more question, I noticed some unknown files in my Tombraid folder after installing Glidos. These files are: LEV6_0.3DF, LEV6_1.3DF, LEV6_2.3DF........................LEV6_9.3DF. What are these files for? Could you please let me know what is the function of them?

Those are texture cache files that would be used by a real voodoo card, but aren't used by Glidos. You can delete them, or not. Makes no odds.

Reply 2 of 10, by Unregistered

User metadata

That's strange. Do you lose Glidos complete, or is the server dialog still present? Any interesting messages in the server window? Is there a difference between using GLidos in windowed and fullscreen mode?

Thanks a lot for the information. This is really strange. When the Glidos returns to Windows, the server dialog is still present. I wait in hope that it may return to TR1, but it doen'nt. And, the fullscreen and windowed modes also work well, as normal.

The messages that I get after game shuts down are as follows:

Starting Glide Server v1.19.1 (c) Paul Gardiner 2001-2002
VESA mode 0x101
VESA mode 0x101
VESA mode 0x110
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
Number of color buffers = 2
Number of aux buffers = 1
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
VESA mode 0x110
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
VESA mode 0x110
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
VESA mode 0x101
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
GlideShutdown

Here, the game shut down after I tried to load level 4.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Reply 5 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Perhaps you should try a "normal" (non-GliDOS) Tomb Raider install to confirm that the loading failures are related to GliDOS. 3dfx save files probably won't be compatible, so you might have to use a cheat to test level-loading.