VOGONS

Common searches

Audiopack revival

Topic actions

Reply 120 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Could each of you check that I've included your bits correctly?

This may take a little while, as I'm checking file by file. I have an audio file of what I think is everybody's work as well, but I've already noticed some discrepancies between yours and mine, both stuff that you have that I don't and stuff that I have that you don't.

Some of this may be because I forgot to put some triggers in the folder, but I think it may have more to do with the fact that I, and some other people, modified triggers that were already there, removed some, and added others.

As mentioned before, unlike the texture project, there is much more of a "correct" set of triggers, the one most approximating the game (or in one or two cases, most approximating what the game intended), and of course, having extra triggers in there would mess things up. I think it may be necessary to playtest the triggers to make sure that they are right and then agree on a certain set of triggers up to this point, accounting of course for different versions of the game.

Reply 121 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah yes. The way I've done this, any triggers of mine that you removed as part of your work, are likely to have crept back in. Oops!

I guess any case where there is more than one trigger for a location using a single index is a sign of a mistake.

Reply 122 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I found one omission - I had added a fourth trigger to "Qualopec-Chessroom" to prevent the trigger going off erroneously elsewhere in the level. Have attached the file - it needs to be added to A368292F2B40FCB5FB5DF1EE5C22484F - but the Locations file needs to be amended as well

Attachments

• Filename
    (64--128)(192--256).txt
    File size
    41 Bytes
    Downloads
    486 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 125 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Slube, anything I can do to correct the mistakes I made on some of your triggers?

Well, that's just the thing. There's been so much cross-fertilization on these triggers that I have a hard time remembering which ones were mine, and I think there are a couple of versions of some.

I'm not sure, but I think that my set of all the triggers works (haven't had the chance to test it, and I don't know when I will), since I tried to add them into my folder as they were done. Perhaps the best thing is just for me to post or email you my audio file (minus the .mp3's) and perhaps you could test them to see if they are. They should account for the different versions of the game. Does that sound like a good idea?

Reply 127 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry...I keep on modifying this post...here's the last version:

Well, to be more specific about what I did, I modified one of yours, modified three or so in Folley and added one, started work on the one in the Colosseum, but then someone else on the board helped me finish it, and then I did the first three in Palace Midas (with the help of my brother). I have posted all of these triggers at one time or another. Also, I posted the textures for Qualopec-Scion that are needed for my version of Tomb Raider for that trigger to work, but I don't know if they were ever added to that trigger.

This being the case, there is probably more than one version of a few, and I think there should only be one version of each trigger. The reason I suggested using my audio folder is that I think it incorporates all these changes.

If each person submits changes for their triggers, the first question is which trigger should be used in those cases where there is more than one (again, I think it should be the one most like the original game, or what the intention of the original game was).

My other concern is if I give you textures for a trigger that was modified, and some textures were removed, they might still be there in your audio folder, and the trigger will go off in the wrong place (though perhaps doing a search in the audio folder for any files containing the location name might solve this). Also, at least in the case of Qualopec-Scion, the author of the trigger wouldn't be able to tell you whether it works on my version.

Finally, I remember at one point that there was the issue of the track naming that had to change at one point, and I remember having to make some corrections to some triggers that I may not have created, though that may only affect the locations.

I'm certainly happy to help in this consolidation, I just want to make sure everything is consistent. Taking all of this into account, what is the best way to proceed to make sure we have the best collection of triggers, and do you agree there should only be one version of each?

Last edited by slube on 2006-03-07, 15:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 128 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I went backward through this thread, picking out all the archives that had been posted, adding what was there to my folder, unless it looked like an earlier version of something I'd already added. My intention was to end up with the final versions of everything.

Where there were a choice of triggers, I was hoping for the one you'd decided on as best.

I don't really understand what you are saying about "already two different locations there". I think you can treat each location separately: when you are considering the behaviour of one location, you can ignore any lines in the trigger files that refer to other locations. Although, of course, we don't want two locations that are really just two different representations of the same event (but that would happen only when two authors chose different names for a single event).

The "one version of each" thing. I think the answer is yes, if you mean that there should be only one trigger for any location/index pair. e.g., if you created alternative triggers for some of my location/index pairs, and I've left my old ones in, then you should delete them... or tell me what to delete.

Reply 130 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That sounds good. When I get a chance, I'll check all the triggers I did or modified against yours, send you the changes, and then I suppose when the final is out, I should check the whole thing against my folder, just to make sure there are no discrepancies, because certainly, if I have any mistakes, I want to know about them.

Last edited by slube on 2006-03-07, 15:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 133 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay, I've gone through my files, and these are the changes that should be done. These should be done manually, because there are some other entries in at least one of these files:

Remove width check:
6C1E29F20BEE0F13BA5A880ED5458EDA
(64--128)(64--96).txt
Check: width < 41 – remove this - unnecessary because it already has a check width for < 37 or something similar

change bottom check:
D92D570531D902E944A0D4608CEAF2A1
Trigger: Locations\PalaceMidas-Levers 1
Check: bottom > 95 – change this to > 90.

Add entry:
AAFF0D952387A9E3EACF5350DBF055A3
(176--224)(16--32).txt
Trigger: Locations\Qualopec-Scion 1
This is neede to trigger this sound in my version of the game.

Add entry, and modify location:
A368292F2B40FCB5FB5DF1EE5C22484F
(64--128)(192--256).txt
Trigger: Locations\Qualopec-ChessRoom 4

Qualopec-ChessRoom
Play: 4 Tracks\22shortchorus2.mp3

Let me know if you have any questions about these.

Reply 137 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, I got kind of burned out on it. The textures get used over and over again that it almost seems impossible to get them to trigger right, though I'm sure that someone else could probably succeed where I didn't.