VOGONS

Common searches

Audiopack revival

Topic actions

Reply 280 of 301, by haz0r

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm just wondering, how do you change the music style like it says in the read me? (adding "-audio n" to its command line to select style n) There is no in-game music; only ambiance & secret chimes tracks are played. I'm assuming that is because it is set to the original PC style (-audio 0).

Reply 281 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No support for that at the moment, but I may add that later.

To experiment at the moment, you can edit glidos.bat in c:\Tombraid, and then double click it to start the game rather than using the Glidos app start button.

Reply 284 of 301, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
z9d10 wrote:

just in case one would like to see how this group extracted the cd information , or simply for those (like myself) that like to compare the ps ( on pc) version with the pc version )

ePSXe is a good one, but the recent pSX is a much easier and user-friendly alternative.

Reply 285 of 301, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I spend odd periods of time mostly 'unwired ' and out of the loop , thanks for gettign me up to spin on psx , I just grabbed it,

and I must say that I love that download page . simplicity at it's finest 😁

Reply 286 of 301, by haz0r

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just wanted to say; I just completed St. Francis Folly and have encounted no problems what so ever! The only thing I would comment on is, the audio triggers replay themselfs. For example, after you have triggered the music cue in a certain area then save the game and load, when you go back past the same area it triggers the music cue again twice, not sure if that is ment to happen? 😖

Overall perfect!

Reply 287 of 301, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

..when you go back past the same area it triggers the music cue again twice.

do you mean it plays the sound again or that it plays the sound two consecutive times (like: badda-bing, badda-bing)?

If , after reloading a save game , you hear the audio triggers as if for the first time (crossing that area), then that is a 'normal' part of TR . IF (I may be hallucinating ) I remember correctly uo can even use this trick to get multiple scion pieces in the qual level .

Reply 288 of 301, by KMO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, the "audio tracks already played" and "last audio track played" state information is not saved in the game file. So after reloading, you can replay tracks. This is the original behaviour of Tomb Raider, and it's what has always happened on the PlayStation.

A silly, but authentic, bug. It would be technically feasible to patch in a solution, but there's no real point, and I'd have to extend the saved game format.

I think I mentioned this in the ReadMe file. If I didn't, I should have done.

Reply 289 of 301, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
haz0r wrote:

For example, after you have triggered the music cue in a certain area then save the game and load, when you go back past the same area it triggers the music cue again twice, not sure if that is ment to happen? 😖

That's the way it works in the Saturn and PS1 versions. As KMO says, it's an authentic "bug".

Reply 291 of 301, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I bought Creative X-Fi Gamer sound card recently and I was curious how would it work with Glidos and AudioPack. And what can I say - it works almost perfectly, no more cut off sounds in Lara's house, noises (cracklings) in FMVs are hardly heard (they were really annoying me before). This is a big improvement in sound quality compared to integrated Realtek soundchip.

Can't wait for new texture packs 😀

Reply 292 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Using the new audiopack should make an enormous difference to sound quality, but once you are using that, I'm surprised you notice that much difference between the X-Fi and Realtek. Realtek has always worked great for me. Wish my current mobo had it: I had to buy an Aureon card for my current mobo; first time I've needed a separate sound card in years.

Reply 294 of 301, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The CD emulation in Glidos doesn't support volume control. You have to disable CD emu and use a third party driver like SAPUCDEX, but of course that only works with CD tracks and not with MP3 files.

Reply 295 of 301, by KMO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As I think I mentioned in my readme for the patch - the CD volume control in the Tomb Raider menu is non-functional anyway. It doesn't issue the actual volume control commands to the CD drive. There is some stub code in there, but it appears they disabled it, presumably because it didn't work properly on some drives. I recommended in the ReadMe that you lower the CD volume via the Windows Volume Control.

Any MP3 volume control would have to be direct through Glidos, via a hotkey or something.

Reply 296 of 301, by noname

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KMO wrote:

As I think I mentioned in my readme for the patch - the CD volume control in the Tomb Raider menu is non-functional anyway. It doesn't issue the actual volume control commands to the CD drive. There is some stub code in there, but it appears they disabled it, presumably because it didn't work properly on some drives.

Hmmmm... that's strange. I recall that the volume worked with the CD on a Win98 machine, in the software mode version at least.

Reply 298 of 301, by KMO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm - I was pretty certain that it was disabled, although I only inspected the code, rather than actually trying it. Could be that it was enabled in the original software version, but disabled in the 3dfx version.