Common searches

Audiopack revival

Topic actions

Reply 240 of 301, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Paul, I cannot run it with MP3 enabled 🙁

I get some error message about trackfake.exe but DOS window disappears so quickly that cannot see exactly. The game doesn't start at all but if I change to CD control it runs OK.

Maybe I did something wrong? Could you tell me which Audio Pack to install - your version 1.5 (that's what I did) or version from tombraiderforums (I gave the link to it on previous page)?

Reply 242 of 301, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Glidos wrote:

Do you have VESA support on or off?

Do you mean 'Enable Glidos Vesa emulation' option? It makes no difference if I toggle it on/off.
The error message I get is:

'trackfake.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

EDIT: maybe 'trackfake' name is too long - it contains 9 letters? I will try to change to 8 letters. 😀

EDIT2: nope, still not working, changing trackfake to shorter name and correcting Glidos.bat didn't solve it - If I try to launch Glidos.bat I get 'server not present' error, but in DOS window I can see that track faker started and I can hear intro music, though the game doesn't start.

EDIT3: So it looks to me that too long name is the reason why it doesn't work correctly.

Last edited by Zebius on 2007-10-03, 10:19. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 243 of 301, by KMO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

There are some funnies. In Lara's house I keep getting a commentry from the end of one of the Egyption levels.

Is this with the original Glidos audio pack? That doesn't contain the tracks for Lara's house, whereas my pack does (although it's not packaged for Glidos). You need to make sure that the call to count the number of tracks (Audio Disk Info?) gives the correct answer, so it knows which tracks are available, and it doesn't attempt to play tracks that aren't there.

Ah yes, also the original Glidos audio pack has a bogus extra duplicate track (27tihocan.mp3). It must be playing that. I tried to make my track ordering consistent with the audio patch, but I didn't think to avoid that track number (27 in your numbering, 28 in mine). That slot is used for silence in my patch. So if you're using the original audio patch MP3s, you need to delete 27tihocan.mp3.

{Maybe you could put a special case in Glidos to ignore any file called 27tihocan.mp3...? A hack, but it would prevent player confusion.}

But you really should get the extended set of MP3s from my archive. Guess they'll need renaming for Glidos, or you'll need to do something else to handle the fact that they start at 2 not 1.

As for the Play not returning busy - have you never returned busy there? If so, did the original TOMB.EXE really cope with that? Can't immediately see how.

Reply 244 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah, try this one. I'd messed up the bit that copies trackfake.exe across.

I've also changed the name to be DOS compatible too, just in case

Attachments

• Filename
    Glidos_v1_38c.exe
    File size
    1.15 MiB
    Downloads
    464 downloads
    File comment
    Another version with little bug fix
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 245 of 301, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A new era is beginning!

I went through the Lost Valley (with Quest's latest pack) and experienced the audio triggers the way I remember them on my PS1. Fantastic stuff, KMO and Paul (and Quest!).

A few things though...

1. The MP3 won't work if trackfake.exe is not copied in the TR game directory.
2. John's pack is completely messed up with KMO's exe. Probably an equiv issue.
3. I'm getting a lot of Glidos lockups with KMO's exe when trying to load a saved game or between levels (for example, when reaching the end of Lost Valley, Glidos locked up while loading the next level).
4. I'm getting the Tihocan speech as audio background in the mansion. Also, Lara's PCM comments in the mansion don't play at all (French version). They do stop the "Tihocan" audio when they are triggered, but they remain silent ("Tihocan" audio resumes after a few seconds).

Reply 247 of 301, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gave a quick look at 1.38c and it seems to work better.

1. Problem fixed.
3. I didn't get any lockup since upgrading. Will test a bit more tonight.

Paul, out of curiosity, why is the Tihocan speech ("Panegyrical Inscription") provided twice in your audio pack? Files 09hieroglyph and 27tihocan are identical. By the way, if you're interested in hosting it, here is the French version of the audio pack.

Last edited by Kaminari on 2007-10-08, 14:16. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 249 of 301, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My newest results:

- No more crash at start-up - trackfake name problem fixed. 😀
- I used JC's pack - OK.
- ambience loops.
- I got 2 lock ups during abt 20 minutes of testing.
- Glidos verification fails during gameplay, it registered my codes - OK, I restarted Glidos and started to play and I could see the spinning logo. I tried few times - still the same.

Reply 251 of 301, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Glidos wrote:

Logo is probably because you lost authority.txt during the reinstall. Should be ok if you just go back to http://unlock.glidos.net and regenerate the key

It seems that my Glidos ID has changed because I made clean Win XP install few days ago. Anyway I don't want to waste an unlock allocation - in few weeks I will upgrade my computer and then unlock Glidos.

Reply 253 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here's another version. Maybe I've fixed the lock ups. Not sure.

Attachments

• Filename
    Glidos_v1_38d.exe
    File size
    1.15 MiB
    Downloads
    493 downloads
    File comment
    Yet another Glidos
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 254 of 301, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I played for about an hour and didn't have a single freeze with this one. Good job so far :)

About the audio issue in the mansion, I had overlooked the last few posts by KMO. Reading them again, it's easy to fix the problem. The culprit is file 27tihocan which is indeed a dupe of 09hieroglyph, while it should actually be a blank track.

Speaking of the audio pack, the one from the Glidos site lacks the dialogues from the tutorial. The audio pack by KMO works well, providing that the track numbers start with 01 and not 02. I've updated my French pack, in case someone is interested in downloading/hosting it.

TombRaiderAudio 1.6 FR

Last edited by Kaminari on 2007-10-08, 14:17. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 255 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KMO wrote:
Glidos wrote:

As for the Play not returning busy - have you never returned busy there? If so, did the original TOMB.EXE really cope with that? Can't immediately see how.

My old emulation was a real hack. It interpreted any IOCTL call as a poll for possible restart.

Reply 256 of 301, by haz0r

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had an issue with the audio tracks; they don't seem to play in order for me (example: track 3 will play instead of track 2 on the menu screen, track 4 will play instead of track 3 in the caves (and so on...).

Any reason why?

Reply 258 of 301, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Glidos wrote:

Zebius, if you run out, I'll just add more. 😁

Thank you 😀

I've just downloaded Audiopack 1.6 and played a little with Glidos 1.38d. Lara's House sounds play correctly, but some of them are cut off, also some of them have bad quality (noises, cracklings etc.). Strange, because when played by external MP3 player they all sound good.
Did anybody experience it too?

Reply 259 of 301, by haz0r

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

If you are using the version of Glidos I posted here, then get the tracks by installing the latest version of the Audio Pack from the Glidos web site. I've updated it.

Still seems It's playing the incorrect tracks. 🙁