VOGONS

Common searches

Audiopack revival

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for your work on this. I know what you mean about the time. It took me about four hours to get to this point.
My fix actually wasn't too bad, but what I don't like about it is that it only works if you walk slowly. If you run, it doesn't trigger. Yours works better though, because it always triggers. It does seem to start a little early though, especially if you run, but that's a really minor thing. If there's a way to delay it by a step or two, that would be nice, but if not, it's definitely fine. It also doesn't seem to go off anywhere else, though I probably won't know for sure until someone releases a texture pack so that I do the whole level.

It looks odd to me.

What I was attempting to do was to try to set as many parameters for that point as I could, so that it would only trigger in one place, but I don't know that the "more is better" approach really works. The values were put there inductively, by putting in a value, seeing if it triggered, then adjusting it to respond when I stepped up. I'll be the first to tell you that I don't fully understand the ramifications of all the settings, though I am understanding more. I think I was able to do pretty well at the location "TheFolley", but there I had some advantages of location.

At any rate, thanks again for doing this. It's the only trigger for that level, but it's such a great place, and such a great audio clip, it really adds a lot. I think at this rate, we'll have all the triggers in before too long, in time for the textures.

Reply 101 of 301, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Talking completely from memory here, but the M you speak of -- is that on the ceiling in lots of places in the Colosseum? I always thought that was a mistake by Core and I believe that it's fixed in some later versions of the game.

I intend blacking this out when I retexture that level, though I guess it makes no difference to the triggering of audio tacks.

Reply 102 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually, I don't know where it is. It's another one of those textures where I ran capture, walked over the trigger point, quit the game, and looked at what I had in the folder. I imagine I'll see it if I look around enough, but the computer saw it way before I did.
It looks like it forms a word with the next letters, though.

Reply 103 of 301, by Antonijadis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Gambit37 wrote:

Talking completely from memory here, but the M you speak of -- is that on the ceiling in lots of places in the Colosseum? I always thought that was a mistake by Core and I believe that it's fixed in some later versions of the game.

I agree .That was the mistake, but they probably wont to make the roof like it was knock down. I imagine that like that show the picture that I post at "Lara home-3".

Reply 104 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Whoa, that's weird. I never saw those funky tiles before, despite all the times I've played the game. I like the textures you did with it, Antonijadis. I'm sure that no matter how they're manipulated, it shouldn't affect the audio, since no textures are actually being moved around. If only they could be, this triggering thing would be a lot easier!

Reply 108 of 301, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yup, it always looked disturbing to me. Can't remember if it was already like this on the Saturn/PSX versions, but my French PC version has the Midas letters hanging on the rooftop.

4EC2EBED3AFE007FBB6FE0D9E65A3717
tr1_16-2.png

tr1_16-1.jpg

Anyway, even if you change/fix the bitmap, it won't make a difference to the trigger.

Speaking of which, Vince, I'm not sure I can optimize it further. The thing is, it will already start at different times depending on whether you walk or you run, you're walking up the stairs from the middle or by hugging the walls, and if you draw your weapons or not (in which case, the camera point is set back and the trigger starts only when you reach the top of the stairs).

Another thing to take into account for your triggers: the reason why triggers don't exactly work the same when walking or running is that the camera is stable when you walk, while it's bouncing around a wee bit when you run -- enough to invalidate your position checks if they're too restrictive.

By the way Paul, does Glidos support multiple < > checks for a given trigger (like width > 150 and width < 300) or not?

Reply 112 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kaminari wrote:

I'm probably going to end up in a barrel of tar, but I spotted another typo (the last one, honest!).

09hierogliph should be 09hieroglyph

Not at all. Worth getting it right. Ok, updated again.

Reply 113 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think there is a problem with the Thor trigger in the Folly. Could be related to the problem discussed above-
Lara ran into the corridor and stopped dead in her tracks when the trigger didn't go off. She turned about and walked back to investigate the problem, and just then the music began... (I may be imagining this, but I'm sure a puzzled expression crossed her face).
I'll try this again and if the problem repeats I'll attempt to fix it.

Reply 114 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think there is a problem with the Thor trigger in the Folly. Could be related to the problem discussed above-

Yeah, I remember that one being a little strange. I've been working on the triggers for Midas. My brother is in town, and he's a mathematician and avid solver of chess problems, so I figured this would be right up his alley.

We did the first two, and I did the third one myself, which gave me an idea of how to fix an earlier one I modified, the ApeRoom in Folley, to make it more restrictive. However, I've not had much seccess, and it's making my eyes bleary. I'll try it again later.

If anyone wants, I can post the first three Midas triggers, or I can wait until I'm done with the level.

Reply 115 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's a couple of fixed triggers for Folly. I modified the ApeRoom so that it wouldn't go off you were right up against the wall. For TheFolley, I just took out an unneccessary parameter. It had an extra check that wasn't doing anything.[/quote]

Attachments

• Filename
    Fixedfolly.zip
    File size
    3.26 KiB
    Downloads
    512 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 118 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm going to go ahead and post the first three triggers of the Palacemidas level, as I don't know when I'll get to more. Or perhaps someone will be inspired to finish the level.

Here's the text:

D92D570531D902E944A0D4608CEAF2A1
(96--160)(176--192).txt
Trigger: Locations\PalaceMidas-Levers 1
Check: height > 7
Check: height < 9
Check: bottom > 95
Check: bottom < 100

PalaceMidas-Levers
Play: 1 Tracks\11maintitle2.mp3

C6C6AB4341AAD0D2FB0CC2FC2B05A7C0
(192--256)(64--128).txt