VOGONS

Common searches

Audiopack revival

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I haven't opted to hide extensions for known file types and I see all the other .txt extensions on my machine. For some mysterious reason the files in the audio folder are being secretive! No matter, if they are just text files I'm all set to give it a go...
In answer to Antonijadis question - I haven't tried it yet, but I hope to have some free time to work on it over the weekend. I'll report back if I have any success (or to complain if I run into any problems!).

Reply 21 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK... I have successfully placed my first audio trigger! The scene in Tomb of Qualopec where Lara grabs her first piece of the Scion is now accompanied by the "get the hell out of here, quick!" music!
Chuffed with this success I will soldier onward...
Paul has placed all but one of of the triggers in this level already. The last remaining is the cut scene with Larson and I'm about to tackle that now!

Reply 24 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It was probably made easier for me due to the fact that I have spent so many hours retexturing that level that I know those textures like the back of my hand!
There seem to be 2 threads on this subject..would it be more appropriate to discuss this in the other thread since this one was started for comments on Antonijadis's textures...

Reply 25 of 301, by Antonijadis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's great. I hope that you will put all sounds with success.
Well, I have this problem: I want to set the track "16ShortishChorus" to play at the moment when Lara comes to the big hall that contains four room (Thor, Atlas, Neptune and Damocles).As the trigger I take file -(64--128)(96--128) (That is the table with name Neptune on it), and because this texture appears just one time in the game this trigger settings should be easy, but I can't accomplish this. 😢
Is there somebody who put this sound with success?

Reply 26 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've set that one already but I need to refine it because it also gets triggered if you do a "look around" with the camera when entering Damocles.. I'm aiming to fix it tonight!
I believe I have successfully triggered all the other sounds in this level, but I need to give it a thorough run through to check this! Perhaps we should let each other know what we are working on so that we don't duplicate our efforts!

Reply 27 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh, worth a mention. With a square texture it can be worth giving the conditions

height > 20
width < 5

This will get triggered only when you are close enough got the height to
be 20 pixels, but also only when viewed sideways on to get the narrow width.

Reply 30 of 301, by Antonijadis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK. This is my audio file (just for this trigger of course).So…

Attachments

• Filename
    Audio.zip
    File size
    1.04 KiB
    Downloads
    638 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 31 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I see what's going on. You don't have the trigger indexes. The Play line
should be

Play: 1 Tracks\16ShortishChorus.mp3

the 1 meaning there is only one trigger needed to set this offf

and the trigger line should be

Trigger: Location\St. Francis' Folly 1

the 1 meaning this is trigger No 1 of the ones needed to set of that location (in this case the only one needed).

Even thought it probably wont work quite like that because of the spaces in the file name. You will probably have to change those to '_' chars.

Reply 32 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here are my triggers for the entire level. If you could test drive them and let me know about any errors it would be great!
No audio files are included but they need to be renamed to lose the spaces:

Folly-ApeRoom = 07Tension
Folly-TheFolly = 06RevelationMusic
Folly-Thor = 05TheHive
Folly-Neptune = 02RevelationChorus

Attachments

• Filename
    Audio.zip
    File size
    4.09 KiB
    Downloads
    575 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 33 of 301, by noname

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wrote myself backround audio triggers for the cut scenes, since it doesn't play right when I have the audio coming from the CD. But I noticed after the level completion display shows, the audio will start playing again since it's supposed to loop. Is it possible to have a backround sound only play once?

Reply 36 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here are my triggers for the entire level. If you could test drive them and let me know about any errors it would be great!

None of these triggers worked for me. I ripped the two PSX tracks that were missing, and copied the names from your triggers. Just to make sure the sound was working, I checked the triggers that Paul did earlier, and they worked.

It's possible that the textures on my Tombraider are different than yours, which is what happened with Paul's, at first. He had me send him some information, and perhaps some textures, from my version that he was able to use to make the triggers work. Would you like me to do the same for your triggers?

Reply 37 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK... I have successfully placed my first audio trigger! The scene in Tomb of Qualopec where Lara grabs her first piece of the Scion is now accompanied by the "get the hell out of here, quick!" music!

I'd be happy to check this one as well, if you want to post it.

Paul has placed all but one of of the triggers in [Tomb of Qualopec] already.

Unless I'm missing another post he put up, there's no triggers for this level, only the first three: Caves, Vilcabamba, and Lost Valley, and the last one in Lost Valley is missing, when Lara pulls the lever and all the gears start moving. I looked, and there's no trigger for that.

I did it! Lara's conversation with Larson is back in the game!

I'd be interested to see how this one matches with the scene, since it's a bit longer. Does it get out of sync, or do the sounds happen an the right time, so that it seems each person is saying them?

Reply 38 of 301, by noname

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
slube wrote:

I did it! Lara's conversation with Larson is back in the game!

I'd be interested to see how this one matches with the scene, since it's a bit longer. Does it get out of sync, or do the sounds happen an the right time, so that it seems each person is saying them?

The PSX and PC versions of the cut scene audio sound the same to me.

Reply 39 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The PSX and PC versions of the cut scene audio sound the same to me.

Sorry, that wasn't clear, and it wasn't what I meant to say. What I meant was, since the sound in this scene has to be more precisely synchronized with the action than most of the other scenes, I was wondering if it could be made to come off just right every time so that it matched up excactly with the gestures of the characters.