VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sandtreader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed GliDOS to play Tomb Raider 1. The graphics and gameplay look great. But one problem I have found: When I hit the Inventory key (default 'esc' key) to access Lara's stuff or to save a game, the game freezes for @ 15 seconds before the inventory pops up! The ambient background sounds continue to play, but I can't do anything else during that time.

I can foresee this being an annoying problem during gameplay. Anyone have the same problem? How can I fix this?

Thanks for any help!

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own..."

Reply 3 of 7, by sandtreader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have an ATI Rage Mobility-P AGP using the ati2drab driver. I noticed that it also "freezes" like that when I go to the next level in the game. My system doesn't crash it's just an irregularly long pause. In the past I don't recall this problem occuring when playing the game without Glidos.

By the way, Kaminari, I downloaded the English version of JoyToKey after readed one of your past threads - awesome piece of software! Works great with Tomb Raider!

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own..."

Reply 4 of 7, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeh it was an ATI card in the last report, although I don't think
it was that card. It might help to remove the line

VesaSupport: Yes

from the Glidos.ini file. But it might not.

Nothing surprising about it happening only when using Glidos. Under Glidos, there are all sorts of screen mode switchings happening.

Reply 6 of 7, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is it me, or is there a pattern emerging with owners of old ATI cards ?

Seems the most reported problems so far are for old ATI cards.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2