I have the most recent download (1.19.0.1) of Glidos but when I start RB it
is in a window on the lower left 3/4's of the screen . There is a wide band
or border on the top and right side of the screen which has changing colors
or at other times black and white bars.
I have been to the Glidos site and solved the "no sound" problem but did not
see any solution to the visual display problem. Is there a solution to get
the full screen view?

Pent 4 at 2.40GHz, 512MB RDRAM, 128MB ATI Radeon, Sound Blaster Audigy 2,
Windows XP Home, Saitek X45 USB joystick, DirectX 801 (4.08.01.0810)

Thanks in advance
😁 😁 😕

Reply 2 of 5, by Tuba2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply. I now have the full screen. 😀 However I now have the return of the no sound problem. I have: (1) deleted the file brprefs then started RB 3D and set the preferences (while sound played) (2) Alt + Tab out of RB and set the brprefs file to read only. (3) returned to RB and found sound still working. However, if I leave the game and then restart Red Baron I no longer have any sound. 😕

Reply 3 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Deja Vu all over again...

Close RB, go to your RB folder and delete RBPREFS.DAT. Then, open RB and set all your favourite preferences but don't fly, and don't close RB. Press Alt-Tab to get back to the desktop without closing RB, go to your RB folder, right-click on RBPREFS.DAT (Red Baron will have re-created it), go to Preferences and set it to read-only.

Now, note the time. Go to the game screen just before you actually quit and do nothing for a few minutes, then quit. After you quit, check the timestamp on your RBPREFS.DAT file.

Is it set to the time you set the READ ONLY attribute?
Or the time you quit the program?

Reply 4 of 5, by Tuba2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nicht Sehr Gut,
The time stamp is set for the time when the rbprefs.dat file was completed. I waited there for three minutes before ALT+TAB out of the sim and setting the file to read only. I then went back and flew for four minutes before exiting RB. When I restart RB 3D there are no sounds but the preferenceces are still set as I left them. Do you have any idea why this occurs if the file is read only or what else I could try?
Thanks,
Jim

Reply 5 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Only heard of one other RB case this stubborn:
showthread.php?threadid=983

and all I can suggest is the same as there... to set up a batch file that copies a good RBPREFS.DAT file on top of the corrupted one from a backup directory after starting each game.