VOGONS

Common searches

something new

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I made some changes to your archives before I uploaded them that you may wish to keep. I added a equiv file that mappes your letters to all levels. I also combined that with the version equiv file, so your stuff will work with any version. And I changed the archives so they didn't report an error.

Excellent.
Thanks.
now I can snap everything together and get it up to speed with the fine changes you have made to glidos .

oh, and I have the cistern and tihocan levels ready to go , strangely some of the more dificult textures came together rather quickly , perhaps i can get them up tomorrow

Reply 61 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am just now taking the oportunity to familiarize myself with the TRX site , in the mean time the eager or curious cna get ahjold of the latest tid bits ,

here are the newest texture maping and equiv files

Attachments

• Filename
    texmap.exe
    File size
    81.3 KiB
    Downloads
    524 downloads
    File comment
    equiv and texmap .txt files
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 62 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

here is the nearly complete cistern ( I decided to trash and re-do some of the textures as the cistern and tihocasn textures ) set .

still no head way on the actors ( other than lara of course) , but the big omission here is the gargoyle , I thought he was wearing a crown but a closer examination reveals that his head is actually exploded open and his brain is exposed , , doh!

also a couple of texture updates for the folly ( the rock textured used in the tihocan level) and midas levels ( added some of the wall plants and the actual "midas" carving)

(original ancient stuff removed get the newest stuff from : http://tombraiderxtra.com/artists.php?artist=Quest )

Last edited by z9d10 on 2007-08-15, 17:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 63 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Tihocan , this is some of my finest work to date

as seems to be my way this level is not entirely complete the missing bits ( besides actors/animals) are the inner mouth and chin on the 'barf clown' , and the pegasus on the tomb alter

(original ancient stuff removed get the newest stuff from : http://tombraiderxtra.com/artists.php?artist=Quest )

Last edited by z9d10 on 2007-08-15, 17:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 64 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I happen to have a couple of screen shots ready to go , but they appear to dark , so a test ....

Attachments

• barfclown7.jpg
    Filename
    barfclown7.jpg
    File size
    47.1 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    I think there is an TR crew insider joke surrounding the latter half of tihocan level
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 66 of 126, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, I think they're nice and dirty and just right! And you sourced an original image for the Barf Clown! Or did you draw it yourself? I've never been able to find the original match for it despite having gone through about 40 books on Roman and Greek sculpture.

Reply 67 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I drew it .

I couldn't find anything even remotely close either . I was sorely temped to attempt modeling it with maya or studio max , but I have barely scratched the surface of how to use either of those yet.

I did see a Very similar looking 'clown' at the entrance to a hall of mirrors once.

Reply 68 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Gambit,

I have actually found a fair number of the original sources , for example the dolphin mural comes from 'ruins' on the isle of knossoss , kossonss , er, however youy spell it , anyway it is a paint on plaster ( the myceans used a now lost technique that actually bonded the paint into the plaster surface) , but the interesting thing is that it is a remodel painting , in the ruins now one can see the original paint underneath in places wher teh plaster has cracked away , what it reveals is a patterns very similar ( and probably the inspiration for ) the curvy waves designs from the first couple of levels .

Reply 71 of 126, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I believe they are still being worked on, so not much point adding them to the site yet. By the way, ZD, the pack on the site was one I built -- you might need to build a new one from scratch if you want to take control of this back.

Reply 72 of 126, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I didn't notice you combined them into one. Did you maintain the change I made to the mapping file to make the letters work through the game, or did you start from the archives in this forum?

Reply 75 of 126, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Um, I'm not actually sure.... Oops! Do you still have the stuff you did?

In the Quest archive, there is a file called "letter-and-version-equiv.txt" dated 6th may 2006. Guess it can't be that one! 🙁

Reply 78 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How do these new additions work? Should I add them on top of the TRX archive

..and..

I believe they are still being worked on,so not much point adding them to the site yet. By the way, ZD, the pack on the site was one I built -- you might need to build a new one from scratch if you want to take control of this back.

Paul:
just drop the folders/files into the relevant directory . that directory being the original (somewhat cludgy) dir tree in the texmap folder so that you have C:\...texmap\italy\cistern ..( tihocan , etc) .(the house and tisc folders just go into the texmap foldr ) .

Gambit :

I am not totally sure what I told paul above works in all situations ...so:
I downloaded the files you gentlemen graciously assembled in my absence and am currently working on a user friendly (even if still in the W.I.P. stage )package that contains the old material and all of the newer up to date material .
the project got stalled because I got excited about working on the the KHAboom ( oops ) I mean Khamoon level and in just over two weeks I have almost completed it . SO I would like to add that and redo some of the more eye gouging textures from the qual level . perhaps by this weekend .

Reply 79 of 126, by z9d10

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Paul I am currently uploading ( at the xtra site) a more user friendly and up to date pak , though I had to leave out your equivilence.txt . For some reason I have not plumbed yet it causes some textures not to appear ( so far the only ones I have noticed are in the tihocan level but I discovered them by accident while checking the new pak ) . So I will add it as a seperate download some time soon if I cannot get to tthe root of the problem .