VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

if i click on new, it says unsupported!!!
so i cant add shadow warrior to the list!
what is the use of a dosglide emu if i can't play
dosglide games?
i want to play shadow warrior!!
is there any other dosglide programs that will work on shadow warrior?

Reply 1 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Take a look at the file Glidos.ini in the Glidos folder. You can probably figure out how to try out Shadow Warrior.

During the odd bits of time I have to work on Glidos, if
ever the "New" button bubbles its way up to the top
of the "things to do" list then I shall finish it off.

There are no other dosglide programs at the moment,
as far as I know.

Reply 4 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered what is the use of a dosglide emu if i can't play dosglide games? i want to play shadow warrior!!

It can play DOS Glide games: Tomb Raider, etc... Just because you have one title that may not run on it doesn't mean his tool does not work. It has plenty of use...

BTW, you probably CAN run "Shadow Warrior" (no way of knowing without any of your system's specifications), it's just that you might not be able to run the 3dfx-patched version.

You should know that the 3dfx version of "Shadow Warrior" is more of a hack than a patch. The Voodoo card was designed for hardware acceleration of 3D games, not "2.5D" games like "Shadow Warrior" (or any other BUILD game). The programmers had to jump through a lot of hoops to make the Voodoo video card work with it. That makes it one of the more difficult games for a programmer to attempt 3dfx emulation. It also means the 3dfx enhancements to the game are not nearly as dramatic as those with a true 3D game like "Tomb Raider".

Having played "Shadow Warrior" with both the 3dfx version (with an actual Voodoo 1 card), and the software version, I can tell you that I prefer the software version. It's not limited to a maximum of 800x600 resolution and does not suffer from excessive blurring of edges.

...is there any other dosglide programs that will work on shadow warrior?

There are no other DOS glide emulators. The closest to that is Windows Glide emulation through the use of Glide "wrappers". Those, of course, are useless for DOS titles.