Common searches

First post, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Paul!

Stubborness pays after all 😁

May I bring the SAPUCDEX thread to your attention? I was able to make further tests in plain DOS + SAPUCDEX with both TR and TRUB.

In short, I can confirm that the two audio environmental tracks present on the Unfinished Business CD are indeed ingame music and should be supported by Glidos - which for now only plays the title track in 1.19/1.20 versions.

Regards,
Patrice

Reply 1 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know. Sounds to me like sapucdex is the way to go, and perhaps I should take the support out of Glidos, or make it configurable off.

No knowledge of TR1 track positions are built into Glidos's CD support, so it is a big mystery how it works for TR1 and not UB.

Reply 2 of 8, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Glidos Sounds to me like sapucdex is the way to go, and perhaps I should take the support out of Glidos, or make it configurable off.

Before you go ripping it out of GliDOS, be aware that while GliDOS works fine with all tracks in TR, SAPUCDEX only works properly with the title/menu track for me. All other tracks play for 2-3 seconds before restarting themselves.

This is from two different drives (an older drive and its replacement).

Reply 8 of 8, by Schadenfreude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kaminari wrote:

Yes, their server is painfully slow at times.

Text version dated from today:

This is topic problem using Glidos in forum Tomb Raider at http://www.tombraiderforums.com. To visit this topic, use this URL […]
Show full quote

This is topic problem using Glidos in forum Tomb Raider at www.tombraiderforums.com.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/cgi-bin/u … ic;f=1;t=000257

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by cloudclimber41 (Member # 5728) on 17 February 2003, 20:58:

installed Glidos in C:\tombraid. Instructions say to replace files "tomb.exe or Tombraid.exe with Glidos download. (I couldnt find either file in C:\tombraid or C:\programs)Anyway, When I clicked on Glidos to start game, got mssg "wrong version of tomb.exe" Does anyone know what problem is?Would sure appreciate any suggestions!Thanx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by tlr online (Member # 2) on 17 February 2003, 21:05:

Hi. Welcome aboard. You can download the required tomb.exe file HERE

Posted by cloudclimber41 (Member # 5728) on 19 February 2003, 15:32:

Thanks tlr-I looked at site you mentioned-is there a download called "tomb.exe"? Couldn't find anything like that.

Posted by tlr online (Member # 2) on 19 February 2003, 17:49:

Hi. Right mouse click HERE and select Save Target As.

Posted by jules (Member # 5952) on 23 March 2003, 22:38:

I can get TR1 to work but I can't get unfinished buisness or shaddow of the cat to work, can anybody help. I'm not too good with computers.

Posted by Bokkie (Member # 4502) on 23 March 2003, 23:15:

jules,

Replace original TombUB.exe with glide version of TombUB.exe. You can find the glide version on Tomb Raider Gold CD, it's located in 3DPatches directory, there is a 3dfx subdirectory. Take the TombUB.EXE from 3dfx directory and replace the original. Now, start the game from Glidos server, it should work.

Posted by jules (Member # 5952) on 24 March 2003, 21:19:

bookie,
thanks for the info but I think I did all that , the problem maybe that I downloded TR gold from the net. Maybee I should have told you this first. If you have any other suggestions I would be very pleased to read them!

Posted by SYS (Member # 4700) on 24 March 2003, 22:04:

...a voice from the darkness.....

Hmm, it works for me: I use the net-version of TR1Gold also, because with this version, I can hear the ambient sounds from the original TR1-CD. You have to go to Your GliDOS-folder - 'C:\Program Files\Glidos' -, and edit the file, called 'Glidos.ini'. You have to edit the UB-part about like this:

Name: Unfinished Business
Executable: C:\Tombraid\Tombub.exe
ExeSizes: 867563, 868075
DosGraphics: Yes
VESASupport: Yes
ControlJudderFix: 100
Resolution: 2
FullScreen: Yes
ForcedTextureSmoothing: Yes

The line, called "ExeSizes" tells GliDOS to accept the net-version of TR1Gold also, as the .EXE is 867563 bytes long. But naturally, You have to do it with the 3Dfx-version of the net-version...

I hope, this will fix the problem...

SYS "Whew! That girl has got one bad attitude."

[ 24 March 2003, 22:08: Message edited by: SYS ]

Posted by jules (Member # 5952) on 24 March 2003, 22:21:

SYS,
thanks I will try your suggestion and let you know if I get it working.

Posted by Bokkie (Member # 4502) on 24 March 2003, 23:14:

SYS, from where can I download that "other" glide version of TOMBUB.EXE?

I have problems also with the one on the CD (at my GF's comp, it's working perfectly with CD's glide version, but at my computer it's not working correctly)

Posted by SYS (Member # 4700) on 24 March 2003, 23:58:

Bokkie, You're here in the TRC-Site day by day, and You're askin' me about this? So, from where exactly? From here, of course, as here (on TRC) You can find really everything. So...they are full versions - although they are displayed as demos -, and You need the 3Dfx-version. This version contains everything - although You have to copy some setting file from the original TR1 folder -, and it requires the original TR1 CD to run. To run it with GliDOS, do the same what I told to Jules. It will work fine...

Again, the original version of TR1Gold is "silly" a bit: it searches the audio tracks by the order of the TR1 CD (it has 9 audio tracks), but TR1Gold CD is a bit different (it has only 3 audio tracks), so it just can't find them on the same place (there's no Track nr. 5 for instance). But the net-version works fine, because it uses the original TR1 CD, and it can find all audios correctly. Eh, it's hard to explain in English, but I think, You understand. This is my reason, why I'm using the net-version, instead of the original. I can hear the ambients - wind-blowings (in Egypt) and heart-beatings (in Atlantis) - during the adventures, instead of listening just the boring silence...

[ 25 March 2003, 00:02: Message edited by: SYS ]

Posted by Kaminari (Member # 5186) on 25 March 2003, 00:50:

Great job, Sys. Now I understand why the CD tracks of the Gold edition were not working (except for the Title track). UB's download version works perfect

Posted by Bokkie (Member # 4502) on 25 March 2003, 08:57:

Thanks a lot SYS!

I didn't know that the files you sent me the link are full versions because they are displayed as demos

Posted by SYS (Member # 4700) on 25 March 2003, 16:21:

Actually, they are shown as "demos", as they are not exactly the original TR1Gold from the CD, if we count that the CD-version is more documentated, and contains the "Accessories" feature (screensaver, desktop-theme, calender). But anyway, the game itself is exactly the same with both versions...

Anyway, if somehow we can patch the CD-version's .EXE, then it could play the audios correctly, I think. Perhaps it just needs to correct 2 track numbers somewhere. The net-version was an earlier release, and I think, CORE just simply didn't correct the track numbers for the CD-version...

One more hint for TR1Gold... For me, the game always freezed with GliDOS, when I finished it. You know, after You finish the adventure, the game should show some credit-pictures, but they shows just blank screens. Further back, with my Voodoo1 card, it didn't freeze, but I showed just those blank screens with the 3Dfx-version. This is a bug also - the software-version is perfect - in this version. But with GliDOS, it freezes, which is a nastier problem... I found out that the VESASupport cures this: enable it, and the game won't freeze at the end; the title-screen will return after the program showed all of the blank screens... I have to admit that I use WinXP, and I think, the above problem only appears with this system. Hmm, or probably it depends on the videocard (GeForce2 MX200 at the moment) also...

Ah, BTW...don't use the latest Detonators for Your nVidia cards (op.system doesn't matter). GliDOS didn't work for me with the 40.41 version, so I use the 29.42 version now, and it works fine...

Posted by Bokkie (Member # 4502) on 25 March 2003, 21:33:

quote:
SYS: Anyway, if somehow we can patch the CD-version's .EXE, then it could play the audios correctly

Yeah, SYS, I have Tomb Raider Gold CD, so I need the CD glide version also, but i can not find it (except the one on the CD, that sometimes works, sometimes not)

Also, every time when I start TRUB with Glidos, only 1/4 of screen is displaying game graphics (in the left upper corner), the rest is black

BTW, I don't have problems with nVidia cards, i have Matrox

Posted by jules (Member # 5952) on 25 March 2003, 22:38:

Sys,
I said that I would get back to you, I still have problems. It crashes out just after the menue screen. The graphics card is a Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 Tv out, do you know if there is a fix for this card?

Posted by tlr online (Member # 2) on 25 March 2003, 22:49:

Hi Jules, welcome aboard. Just a note, the Prophet XT 4000/4500 series is a little temperamental with 256+MG of RAM. May not apply to you, just some info.

Posted by SYS (Member # 4700) on 26 March 2003, 01:44:

Jules, this is "bad news"... But the game started at last. Try to disable VESASupport if it was enabled in Your 'Glidos.ini'. I haven't got any more ideas at this time. Perhaps Bokkie or TLR... Or Paul Himself...He is the Developer of this great program, and perhaps He can hit You with more tips...

Don't give up, try it without VESASupport and then return back with - I hope - some "better news"...

Posted by jules (Member # 5952) on 26 March 2003, 19:13:

Sys,
Thaks for the help, but nothing seems to work. Im so shure it is the graphics card. Anyway lets hope that somebody else can give me some advice as I feel doomed not to play Maybee Ile just have to wait for AOD, but then I maybee waiting and waiting and waiting........!!!