VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi friends,

I just bought Glidos and everything is running very well.
Except for the TR UB. There's no atmospheric music. I think Glidos was supposed to restore the atmospheric music for Tomb Raider Unfinished Business. But it doesn't. What can be the reason?
However, TR1 works perfectly.

Thanks.

Reply 3 of 14, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

WinXP? Could be anything.

Two possibilities come in mind: digital playback is enabled (it's incompatible with Glidos and DOS in general), or the audio cable is missing (thus preventing the analog playback to work). And by 'audio cable' I mean an audio cable between your sound card and your CD-ROM drive - not the IDE cable (LOL)! 😁

Yep this sounds terribly obvious, but most NT/2K/XP users seem to overlook it.

Reply 6 of 14, by Col.J.P.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No it does´nt Paul.
I´m sorry but I don´t have any music in TR too...
I got UB by download, so I can´t complain (and I´m not complainig) but I don´t have any music in both of them.
The sound effects are ok in both.
I got the Sold Out Windows installer version of Tomb Raider without UB.

But now that I got rid of the graphic problems with dets 42.86 TR is runing very well, smooth and beautiful...something I never ever thought possible.

God bless you Paul Gardiner!;)

Reply 7 of 14, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well yes it does, otherwise I wouldn't have had to put support for CD audio into Glidos.

But yes you are right that your problem is different. There are several things you need to get right for Glidos's support for CD audio to work. You must put the TR1 CD into the CD drive whose
letter is earliest in the alhpabet. You need either to have a cable from that drive to your sound card or enable digital audio for it.

Reply 8 of 14, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Kaminari WinXP? ...Two possibilities come in mind: digital playback is enabled (it's incompatible with Glidos and DOS in general),...

It is? Then why is it working on mine?

Reply 9 of 14, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Col.J.P. It´s the TR Gold and the Sold Out version...

IIRC, there were certain versions of "Tomb Raider" that were missing the audio tracks. I believe that some of the "Sold Out" versions were that way. You can confirm one way or the other by using "Media Player" to play the game CD.

Reply 10 of 14, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nicht> Aah, now my turn to be puzzled 😉

Forcing digital playback definitely doesn't work on my system for anything DOS related. It works fine with any 'recent' app (TR2, Gens, Winamp, Media Player, etc) but will produce nothing but silence with apps like TR (DOS and Glidos), Magic Engine, Anex86, Unz...

Tested on both 2k and XP.

Reply 12 of 14, by Col.J.P.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

IIRC, there were certain versions of "Tomb Raider" that were missing the audio tracks. I believe that some of the "Sold Out" versions were that way. You can confirm one way or the other by using "Media Player" to play the game CD.

Well...something very weird happens...
Very weird indeed:)

With WMP 9 I got "The Best of George Michael" with TR Sold Out CD...Can you believe it? Nothing plays though...
🤣

But no music at all...
No harm done, silence is priceless too and much better than George Michael;)

And my system is ok, I can play any CD (music or games)