VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hey
I've installed Glidos and vdmsound but I'm getting no ambient sounds...like when you're in the TR menu screen with her pic in back..the b.g. music should be playing but isnt. The cinematics play fine. My 2nd cdrom is the one im using b/c it is hooked up to my audio card. My 1st drive is a DVD. i have WinXP

What should I do?

thanks

Reply 2 of 4, by Phix95

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok. I did that. It works. However, when i went to the training part in her house, that same intro music kept playing and wouldn't stop. i know it didn't do that b4. And when i exited to the main screen and picked "new game", glidos exited to windows. What's going on? But if i started the game from glidos again, then went straight to "start game" and didnt do the training part, it went fine and didnt exit. Strange...

thanks for any help you can give me.

Bring your chains
Your lips of tragedy
And fall into my arms
---
Depeche Mode

Reply 3 of 4, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

About the looping title tune in the tutorial level: not sure whether it's intended or not (the PSX version is completely silent in the mansion), but I too have this behaviour. Bug or feature? 😀

About the crash when selecting "new game" from within the tutorial level: I can reproduce it too. Not a big deal IMO.

Reply 4 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Kaminari About the looping title tune in the tutorial level: not sure whether it's intended or not (the PSX version is completely silent in the mansion), but I too have this behaviour. Bug or feature?

The PC version is the same way. I consider it a "bonus" as you normally don't get to hear the whole tune as leaving the screen alone for a short while causes to demo to start, then the music starts over from the beginning after the demo.