VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

... that's a given.

But where on Earth did he get the idea that the original Gold levels were illegal to download? The so-called 'warez' links on Stella's home page actually point to the Core Design public server... And except for these Gold levels, all the other available files are either patches or demo levels. Did I misunderstand something? 😕

Damn bad boy attitude, can't believe I fell to the Dark Side...

Edit: oh yeah, in case it can appease the ire of the Vogons Gods (and because I'm short of cash right now), I have to say that I'm sincerely sorry and will never, ever, ever, EVER do it again.

Last edited by Kaminari on 2003-03-14, 15:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 10, by Wildman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Snover :

I see you stepped on deleted my post for asking where to download the FREE Unfinished Business-extra levels. I came here because the links from Stella's site links and lots of other sites are all broken now.

It used to be available FREE from Edios site but they stopped supporting it , I guess because the game is so old , I don't know.

I have bought all the Core/Eidos Tomb Raider games from the 1st TombRaider to Cronicles , and look forward to thier next , Angel of Darkness which I will happily pay for.

But Unfinished Business like the London Times are free to Download , and I don't have The Tomb Raider Gold which included the extra UB levels , its hard to find localy , and too expensive on the internet.

Soyo K7V Dragon+
Athlon 2100XP
512MB DDR PC2100 Crucial
WinXP pro
Radeon 8500 retail
CMI 8738 onboard sound
TombRaider1 & UB
VDMsound
Glidos

Reply 2 of 10, by Wildman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nevermind , I finaly found it ! Now if we can clear up this misunderstanding and finaly all agree that it is legal to download these free levels, I will tell how I figured out to do it.

If it is illegal , but I'm pretty sure its not, then I won't , because I don't go to forums asking for directions to do anything like that , really I don't.

Soyo K7V Dragon+
Athlon 2100XP
512MB DDR PC2100 Crucial
WinXP pro
Radeon 8500 retail
CMI 8738 onboard sound
TombRaider1 & UB
VDMsound
Glidos

Reply 4 of 10, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm with Colin on this one.

In the UK, it's still on sale. Albeit, the whole TR package + addons like UB, for £9.99 on a budget label.

Although I've seen it for £5 at various Computer Fairs that populate the UK. Thats where I bought mine, last year.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 5 of 10, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's still for sale in France too. I got my Premiere Collection copy for a couple of euros. That's the 'commercial' Gold version, though (complete with CD tracks and latest patches). The stand-alone UB levels were free to download, if I'm not mistaken. They required an original TB installed copy to work.

Reply 7 of 10, by Wildman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

CraigG says:

I'm with Colin on this one.
///////////////////////////////////

Does that mean you agree that TombRaider was a re-release with the Unfinished Business levels as TombRaider Gold?

I'm very confused , so is it ok or not to come to this forum asking support for this downloadable Unifinished Business levels or not? If its not ok , Then I'll be on my way away from here.

Reason I'm asking is because at Stella's TR site it is written:

The original Tomb Raider has been re-released as "Tomb Raider Gold." This includes the original game plus four bonus levels on a second CD. TR Gold is available in my Game Store. If you already have Tomb Raider for the PC, you can download the bonus levels free. (See the downloads page for details.)

I already have two copies of the Original TombRaider CD , when I find the TR Gold here in my city I will grab it , and I'm pretty sure it will sooner or later, there are many bargain stores here with old games like this still in unopened boxes for reasonable prices. We are only talking about four extra levels, I can't help it I'm a TombRaider junkie.

Soyo K7V Dragon+
Athlon 2100XP
512MB DDR PC2100 Crucial
WinXP pro
Radeon 8500 retail
CMI 8738 onboard sound
TombRaider1 & UB
VDMsound
Glidos

Reply 8 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As far as I know the levels have always been free. The Gold CD was just a replacement for the original, carrying the free levels for convenience, and maybe to attract a second purchase from someone with no internet connection.

Reply 9 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Glidos As far as I know the levels have always been free. The Gold CD was just a replacement for the original, carrying the free levels for convenience,

This is the correct answer.

...and maybe to attract a second purchase from someone with no internet connection.

Actually, they were planning to use it as an "attention-gatherer" for "Tomb Raider 2", except it took so long to be released. The whole story is here:
http://trinity.westhost.com/tomb/business/genguide4.html

BTW, don't bother with the download links on that page. They're all dead.

Found a working (3dfx) download link at the "Croft Times":
http://ctimes.dnsalias.com/download/addon/tr.html

Be aware that you must have the original (non-Gold) "Tomb Raider" for it to work.

As to why the original links are broken, I'm dead-certain it's simply a bandwidth issue. Core/Eidos has have finally decided that there's no more money to made on the original series and are pulling downloads because of the bandwidth use they cost. It's the same for the majority of titles that aren't "new" (Fortunately, BlueByte still supports "Extreme Assault" demo and patch downloads).