VOGONS

Common searches

TRX: Texture Feedback -- post your comments here!

Topic actions

First post, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you'd like to comment/discuss the textures available on the new Tomb Raider Xtra website, please do so here.

http://www.tombraiderxtra.com/

Last edited by Gambit37 on 2006-10-18, 18:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 124, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, my own feedback for John Capon's new Egypt levels: Superb! That screenshot of Lara on the Ramp in City of Khamoon really got my raiding juices going again. But -- I'm going to play through all the other levels first so I can savour it in the correct order.

Your style has inspired me to clean up some of my work and I've now chosen to knock down some of colour saturation.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself for not getting there first! 🙁

Reply 5 of 124, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I completely agree with what you say about John's textures. Absolutely superb. But I also like your style. I'm sure you know what you are doing, but I thought I'd just say it would be a pity if all the authors learnt so much from each other that we end up with just one style.

Reply 6 of 124, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't worry, I'm not changing it to look like JCs, just toning some of the colouring down a little and dirtying some other bits up a bit.

Reply 7 of 124, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

At the risk of us seeming like a mutual appreciation society...It's been an absolute joy to replay those levels with your new textures Matthew! You've worked so much detail in that I've been having a serious problem with the bats whilst admiring it! They never seemed to have got in the way when I was working on those levels - now all of a sudden Lara keeps getting a hairdo full of the things!
I particularly love the exquisite detail in the tracery of the door beam - a feast of Aztec design! I also think you've done a fantastic job of the rotting plasterwork..I could eat more of that please! I'm glad you've decided to tone down some of the colour, in particular I think that fierce orange piece of masonry in the city could use a bucket of mud thrown at it. If you don't tone that down a bit you could end up doing a Fisher Price 'Tomb of Qualopec' like I did first time around. The only other criticism I would make is concerning the serpent pool. I know you're reluctant to lose that mosaic pool, and you have made it look delicious, but I can't help but feel that you would do something stunning in a more Aztec theme with it.
Apart from those two little nags though, this is all marvellous stuff and I can't wait for more - thank you!!!

Reply 8 of 124, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, thanks! But Oh, Vilcabamba is deeply unfinished... I had a lot of stuff I was working on that I simply hadn't quite got right and it was delaying the site too much which is why I reluctantly released the pack in that state.

I've already reworked some of it and already made some of the changes you suggested. The orange paintings are now much more effective and the serpent pool will definitely be changing... here's a sneak peek, sorry about Lara's blue socks and hat 😉

Attachments

• Filename
    vilcabamba3.jpg
    File size
    244.08 KiB
    Downloads
    1318 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 13 of 124, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm actually surprised and a little disappointed there hasn't been more feedback. I posted the link to the new site on three TR forums, but only got a few responses. I guess people just aren't as in to the idea as I thought they might be...?

Reply 18 of 124, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gambit37 wrote:

I guess people just aren't as in to the idea as I thought they might be...?

More probably,

1. Feedback is not a common way of life. Especially if they're not involved in the development process. People come, people take and people go away. The stats speak for themselves. Ingratitude? Laziness? Maybe both :)

2. The hi-res textures require Glidos, which some people tend to avoid in favour of free-er solutions. Too bad for them, I say...

Reply 19 of 124, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kaminari wrote:

More probably,

1. Feedback is not a common way of life. Especially if they're not involved in the development process. People come, people take and people go away. The stats speak for themselves. Ingratitude? Laziness? Maybe both 😀

2. The hi-res textures require Glidos, which some people tend to avoid in favour of free-er solutions. Too bad for them, I say...

3. People are waiting for Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary Edition. 😜