VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Castaspella

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to play Tomb Raider by the way.

My computer has:

Windows XP
AMD Athalon 600 Mhz
488 megs RAM
Philips Dynamic Edge 4.1 Sound Card
ATI Radeon 7500 Graphics Card

Reply 2 of 12, by Castaspella

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyway, I'll fire up Tomb Raider with Glidos and then the game won't load so I tried the ESC button like someone else said I should (the window just sits there if I don't) and then the game window will dissapear and Glidos says GlideShutdown. I've tried several times and restarted the computer a few times, too.

Reply 5 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Castaspella It won't get past the DOS window with the copyright info (closes and does nothing else) without Glidos.

*gah* That sounds like a game compatibility issue, not a GliDOS problem. I presume when you try to run it without GliDOS that your are restoring and running the original TOMB.EXE (not using the 3dfx version)?

Reply 6 of 12, by Castaspella

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've tried both the 3dfx and original tomb.exe . I should mention here that I have gotten TR to work with Glidos before but only twice without any major problems except having no sound.

Reply 7 of 12, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Its a good idea to set it up with no sound at first, and then go for sound later. Also, make sure that all removeable drives have something in them, and chech that the TR CD isn't scratched.

How are you installing TR? Have you tried my installer (TRInst.exe)?

Reply 10 of 12, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi - I've had the exact same problem as Castaspella! My TR gets as far as the CORE logo, then glidos crashes with the following message in the glidos window:

"Starting Glide Server v1.22 (c) Paul Gardiner 2001-2003
VESA mode 0x101
VESA mode 0x101
VESA mode 0x110
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
Number of color buffers = 2
Number of aux buffers = 1
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
GlideShutdown"

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Reply 11 of 12, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That isn't a crash. The GlideShutdown message means that TR1 has itself decided to shutdown.

If you haven't already tried it, setup TR1 to not use audio.

Also, have a look at your TR1 CD. See if it is very dirty or scratched. If possible burn a new copy.