VOGONS

Common searches

Carmageddon - problems

Topic actions

First post, by GreG

User metadata

I have a GeForce 2 mx400 and WinXP. I tried to use the GliDOS to play the Carmageddon.
When I press Start Game, dos screen appears and then only black screen. Nothing happen. When I installed a new v of Glidos after black screen I recieved a Windows XP Error message!

What's a problem?
I don't use a VDM Sound.

Reply 4 of 27, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GreG wrote:

Now I used a VDM Sound, but It still crashs! May be it not property working version of Glidos? (1.22)

There could possibl'y be a new bug. Try downloading v1.20. There is no link to v1.20 on my website, but if you use the link to v1.22 and make the natural alteration you can get v1.20

Reply 5 of 27, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GreG wrote:

And after that program shows me the message: "Read Failure".

In version 1.22, if the main Glidos app is closed (or crashes) while a DOS game is using it, then you will see this error message. That in itself is not a problem, but the worrying thing is why Glidos is crashing.

Reply 11 of 27, by Unregistered

User metadata

Just a heads up on my status. Version 1.20 does the exact same thing as 1.22. Tomb Raider attempts to start, and shows me a screen where half of it is white and the other half black, and then quits to the "Read Failure" message. Any help would be appreciated, but there's no super rush.

Reply 14 of 27, by Unregistered

User metadata

Thanks for all your suggestions but unfortunately, my Tomb Raider still kicks me out with a "Read Failure" with the Glide2x.dll from 1.19. Perhaps it's something with my graphics card. I'm using an ATI Radeon 7200. Don't know if that helps at all, but there it is anyway. Thanks again!

Reply 17 of 27, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeh! I have: its broke. A few CVS diffs might tell me what I've done, hopefully.

Still, not half as much as I've broken my web site. Hey, Snover, why does Netscape 4.61 think it undetstands margin-right, but do some real weird stuff and then crash?

And why does Opera stop interpreting javascript as soon as you put a search in the URL?

Reply 18 of 27, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Because they're crappy, stupid browsers that are even worse than MSIE (well, Opera 7 is arguably better, but even still, it has bad DOM support). Anyone still using Netscape 4 needs to be drug out into the street and shot, anyway.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 19 of 27, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Snover Anyone still using Netscape 4 needs to be drug out into the street and shot, anyway.

Ooo. Someone needs a nap. Before Mozilla 1.0 was released, I was still using Netscape 4.73. I'm spreading the word to people I know, but there are still a large number that aren't aware of Mozilla's existence.