Common searches

Carmageddon - problems

Topic actions

Reply 22 of 27, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

does 4 support the javascript:alert() function? If so, you should do a browser check and if it is a certain browser, tell the user to come back with a good browser.

(oy! vBulletin is screwing with formatting options behind my back! I didn't put that space in there)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 23 of 27, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

does 4 support the javascript:alert() function? If so, you should do a browser check and if it is a certain browser, tell the user to come back with a good browser.

Oh, I'm so tempted. I wonder if its possible to write an activeX object that download, installs and runs mozilla, and then reloads the page. Just do the job for them. 😀

Reply 25 of 27, by Schadenfreude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For the record, MSIE6 reports weird errors on REPLY screen in VOGONS if you do not have "Disable script debugging" checked in IE's settings. Recommend Snover to check it out, if he feels goodly towards the IE users who visits VOGONS. I cannot remember any of the errors right now, but they appear. (!)

Reply 26 of 27, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You mean stuff like

"color_text is not defined"
"closecurrent_text is not defined"

?

I never even notice these things since the Javascript debugger in Mozilla is a separate chrome window that I only have open when I'm testing things.
Apparently something stupid overwrote vbcode_language.js with vbcode.js (probably me). I've fixed it. No more problem. 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 27 of 27, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Schadenfreude For the record, MSIE6 reports weird errors on REPLY screen in VOGONS if you do not have "Disable script debugging" checked in IE's settings.

Not on mine. Works the same way, with or without.