VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi @all,

I can't see the fmv-sequences in Fullscreen anymore, just a white screen!
If i deactivate the vesa, it is working, but looks very poor, with vesa it looked so much better..
The strange thing is, if i don't use fullscreen, it's working perfectly, even in the same resolution that i would use in fullscreen.
This appears ONLY in the 1.36, with all the former versions i didn't have these problem.

And i have a problem, which is not so new, it was always there. No sound in the cut-scenes that are in ingame-graphics, f.e. as Lara takes the Scion, before the last level starts, there is an conversation between her and Natla before they go over the balcony, i have no sound in that sequence.
Could that be, because i have the german version? But in the training-level i can hear Laras german voice and the FMVs are with sound as well.. what's the problem here?

Another question: is it not possible somehow, to convert the FMVs from the PSX-Version of TR to be played instead of the PC ones? Their resolution is so much better...
As this would be a big thing to download and as well could interferre with some EIDOS-rights, there could be a simple solution inside Glidos, f.e. a small add-on just for people that already OWN the PSX-Version, that converts the PSX-Movies to the format, that could be read by the PC-game and just a Checkbox to click in Glidos in order to use those PSX-FMVs, like with the mp3s now in the audio-option...

Reply 1 of 11, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mart wrote:

But in the training-level i can hear Laras german voice and the FMVs are with sound as well.. what's the problem here?

The voices you hear during the ingame cutscenes actually use CD Audio. Can you hear the title music and the atmospheric tracks in your game? If not, you have a problem with CD Audio playback. Try using the MP3 pack instead.

Reply 3 of 11, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The whilte screen, I have no idea. I don't believe I changed anything in that area between 1.35 and 1.36, unless you are using the Direct3D option.
You could try reinstalling 1.35 to see if it really is something in 1.36.

The problem with missing sound in the cut scenes is a known one. The easiest solution is to download the audio pack. Or sometimes it helps to select "Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device" from the device's properties dialog.

Reply 4 of 11, by Mart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yep. it really is something with the 1.36!
To be sure, i completely removed the Glidos-Folder from the harddrive, restarted, installed V1.35, the movies played perfect with Vesa and in Full-Screen.
Then i erased the glidos-folder again, restarted, installed the 1.36 to see the white screen during FMV-playback again.
Now i re-installed the 1.35 for another time and it works, so there must be definetly something in this matter "different" in the 1.36... whatever that could be.. 😕
There is no difference between using Direct3d and OpenGL, the reactions are in both options the same as discribed above, with 1.35 it works, with 1.36 it doesn't.

edit: Off Topic: How's that possible, that you've answered my question three hours, BEFORE i posted it? What is this here, some kind of Star-Trek-time-jump?! 🙄

Reply 7 of 11, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

See if this version is any better. Its just the main Glidos exe file.

Attachments

• Filename
    Glidos_v1.36b.zip
    File size
    248.27 KiB
    Downloads
    562 downloads
    File comment
    Glidos v1.36b (just the exe file)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 9 of 11, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

v1.35, in windowed mode, used to keep pushing the display window into the top left corner of the screen. The code that did this was the part responsible for making the window the correct size. In v1.36, I made the resizing code maintain the position of the top left corner. The mistake was that I did this for both windowed and fullscreen modes.

Its the wonders of CVS that saved us here. I just viewed all the changes between the two versions, and that was the only change that could conceivably be the cause.

Thanks for picking that up. Nice to have it fixed.

Reply 10 of 11, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Glidos wrote:

In v1.36, I made the resizing code maintain the position of the top left corner.

Thank you! I can't tell you how annoying that "feature" was... 😉