VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by masterchief007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

when ever I have sound on with redguard (by that I mean by using the run with VDMS on set sound) it runs semi slow. about 1/2 a second slow. so I can either have no sound for it which makes it run fast, or run slow with sound. any help?

also. I want to move my redguard folder into my bethdesa folder, but when I do, it cant play redguard. how can I it fix this?

Reply 1 of 2, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by masterchief007 when ever I have sound on with redguard (by that I mean by using the run with VDMS on set sound) it runs semi slow. about 1/2 a second slow.

Then that's really more of a VDMSound problem. Would need system specs and OS. By chance are you running it on "relatively" slow PC (XP with 450Mhz or less, for example)?

I want to move my redguard folder into my bethdesa folder, but when I do, it cant play redguard. how can I it fix this?

Inside your Glidos folder, open up the Glidos.ini file and edit it so that:
Name: Redguard
Executable: C:\Program Files\Redguard\RGFX.EXE

matches your new location. For example:
Name: Redguard
Executable: C:\Bethesda\Redguard\RGFX.EXE

Reply 2 of 2, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are you using v1.22 of Glidos. v1.22 tries very very hard to make games run at the correct speed.

You might try selecting a simpler SoundBlaster in Redguard's setup; this loses quality, but might get you out of trouble.

For music, select General Midi, rather than what you get by auto-detect.