VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Vagrant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,
i have the Sold Out version Tomb Raider 1 and i followed the installation steps and everything worked fine. But the game shows Lara in the top-left corner of the screen just as if the camera has a 320x240 viewport, and in the other parts of the screen looks like the lasts vertexs of the rendering port have been stretched... Look it here: http://www.geocities.com/samueldantas

Please help me, i have tried a lot of configurations, changed all options but it didnt worked...

Thank you.

Reply 1 of 16, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just to complete the repost you made.

You forgot to mention you're using dgvoodoo. You're on the best forum though. Glidos is a similar program, most people that have used Glidos, have tried dgVoodoo and know bits and pieces of it.

And as you probably noticed, double posting on VOGONS isn't allowed. 😒

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc

Reply 2 of 16, by Vagrant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry again... 😕
You told me to post on Windows forum and the other guy told me to post here so i did...

I have tried Glidos too, but with that spinning logo its just unplayable...

Like Erik said i'm using dgVoodoo, can somebody help me please? 🙁

Reply 5 of 16, by Vagrant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Glidos, i realize that 😒 .
But i live in Brazil and i can't spend dollars. And as a programmer i don't agree with requiring money in change of some zeros and ones. Programming to me it's just fun.

And _fra_ you have a pm too. 😁

Vagrant.

Reply 6 of 16, by Salk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Vagrant,

"as programmer I don't agree with requiring money in change of some zeros and ones. Programming to me it's just fun"

This is just ridicolous. I have fun singing but believe me I do think it's fair that professional singers charge me money for the CDs they produce!

What I can just wish you is to find a job as programmer (because I don't think you have one as such) and get not paid at the end of a month, when the company comes to you and tells you that you get no money because you're having fun with it...

Unbelievable...

Reply 7 of 16, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No the problem is that Glidos loses me money exactly because I have a job. I have a job where I can work any time of day and get paid by the hour. So I have the choice, do I work on my paid job or do I work on Glidos? So I think Glidos owes me a little money back. Also I have to sometimes buy tools specifically for working on Glidos. I have no problem expecting a little support for this from people that want to use the program.

Reply 8 of 16, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anyway, about your problem with dgVoodoo. There was a time when Glidos did exactly the same thing - and VDos32 when running in software mode come to think of it. I can't remember the cause just now, but I'll let you know if I find it.

Reply 9 of 16, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can't find anything about this problem in my CVS comments. I have some recollection of it though. I think it is to do with what VESA mode TR1 thinks it in before it jumps to Glide mode.

You could try deleting SETTINGS.DAT

You could try using the software version of TOMB.exe to change VESA mode by pressing F1 and then go back to the voodoo version to see if there is any effect.

Reply 10 of 16, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A bit off topic, but the issue of paying for Glidos comes up regularly on other TR forums, and I always defend it. Here's the latest one:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.ph … 723#post1568723

Reply 13 of 16, by Vagrant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is just ridicolous. I have fun singing but believe me I do think it's fair that professional singers charge me money for the CDs they produce!

What I can just wish you is to find a job as programmer (because I don't think you have one as such) and get not paid at the end of a month, when the company comes to you and tells you that you get no money because you're having fun with it...

Unbelievable...

I program because i like to, and i have worked as programmer if you wish to know smart guy 😦. Get paid by a company, if you don't know yet 😳, means receiving money for what you have done FOR THEM, doesn't matter if you like or not, that's your problem. There are many reasons for anyone to do anything. Remember that.

And Glidos, sorry, that's my opinion. I don't hate who charges for programs, in fact i have bought a lot of programs... Thanks for your help.

Keep up the good work, Glidos program is superb.

Cya.

Vagrant.

Reply 14 of 16, by Salk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have no symphaty for people whose weird logic just aims to benefit themselves. Your argumentation makes no sense. It's absolutely out of any logic and the bottom of it is that you will not pay those 10$ because you think that programming is fun thus Glidos' author should do it for free. If you'd think that baking pizzas is fun, why won't you go out and eat one and then not pay for it ? I am sure that your infallible logic will convince the owner that you have right to eat pizzas for free.

And then you write:

"Get paid by a company, if you don't know yet, means receiving money for what you have done FOR THEM, doesn't matter if you like or not, that's your problem..."

And what would just this prove ? Your point above ? Please...I'd hope there is a linguistic barrier but I fear it's not so. Hasn't Glidos author worked FOR YOU too when you run his program ? You think it's not worth 10$ just don't pay it and keep the spinning logo and be thankful you can still play the first two levels without it for free. Else since you are a programmer, make a program yourself that does the same. After all you would have fun doing it. And do not forget to release it for free later...

Reply 15 of 16, by Vagrant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have no symphaty for people whose weird logic just aims to benefit themselves. Your argumentation makes no sense.

I said: "i can't spend dollars.", that's why i won't buy Glidos, not because: "And as a programmer i don't agree with requiring money in change of some zeros and ones. Programming to me it's just fun. ", i'm not blaming Glidos or you or anyone else, that was just my reason of programming.

Else since you are a programmer, make a program yourself that does the same. After all you would have fun doing it. And do not forget to release it for free later...

Lol.

Omg, just forget it smart guy, your opinion is useless to me.

Reply 16 of 16, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Maybe keep this discussion to Milliways (Milliways) and this thread to solving problems?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions