VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lara for ever

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

I hope this is the right topic for my question. I have just installed Tomb Raider 1 on my PC, with Glidos v1.36 and VDM Sound 2.0.4, and the game runs well. Now I wanted to use the high resolution textures of the TR Xtra website. I downloaded and extracted them (JC) into the Glidos folder. But now it does not work.
Opening Glidos/Adjust/Textures, selecting "Use texture packs to override textures" I can not find anything to choose in the drop down selector. Though the new textures are in there the selector is empty. So I can not use any of the new textures.
I hope anybody can help me. Thanks.

Regards,

Lara for ever

Reply 3 of 7, by Lara for ever

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, don't know why, but there were two Glidos folders on my harddisc C. One in programes and one in program files. The textures were installed into the wrong one, until I noticed. So I put the tecture folder into the right glidos program and it worked fine. 😎

Reply 4 of 7, by Mart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, this kind of "problem" i had before as well. It's because the normal install-path for programs in a GERMAN Windows is "Programme", while in the english Windows it's "Program Files".
Glidos creats the Folder "Program Files" for the firrst time on your PC, unless you change it manually. Maybe this could be fixed in the installation-routine, that if i select the german version to install, the proper path should be "Programme".
But i don't know if there's a possibility for that as well in the self-installing texture-packs.. ?!