VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sifo-Dyas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there,

I just purchased a new PC, so I had to install all my videogames all over again. Normally not a problem except for Tomb Raider 1 and Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business (TR:UB). 😠

When I try to start up TR:UB through Glidos, I get the following error message:

* "CD not present. Place the CD in a drive, and wait a little. If a splash screen comes up, select exit. Then restart the game from GLIDOS."

I always get this error message and I simply can't play the game! 😳

Please help me - I'm quite desperate! 😢

What do I have to do, please?

Thanks!

Bye for now

Reply 2 of 5, by Sifo-Dyas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Err ... I thought one could actually play TR:UB with the official Tomb Raider-cd in my first drive (D:\). I don't know of any TR:UB-disc ... so to answer your question:

I put the Tomb Raider 1-disc in my D:\-drive and wanted to play TR:UB through the use of Glidos and then I got that weird error message and I KNOW it's possible to play the Unfinished Business-levels with the TR1-cd in my drive.

Please help! 😢

Thx! 😐

Bye for now

Reply 3 of 5, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The version of tomb raider gold that I own comes with unfinished business on a seperate disk, and UB won't run with the TR1 disk in the drive. However, I saw a freeware downloadable version of unfinished business at tombraiderchronicles.com, and they say it uses the TR1 cd. Is this the version you have?