New versions out (Glidos and VDos32).

• A few more cases of unstable unlocking sorted

Audio in Vista 32 now working without glitches

Improved FMV quality

Reply 1 of 9, by Chug a Bug

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but the sound problems in TR1 are fixed and it works fine with Glidos 1.39 and Vdos32 on Vista 32 bit now. Great!

However theres still one problem left - theres no CD audio playing i.e. no menu music or ambient sounds. Is there any way to fix this? I've tried downloading and installing the audio packs and ticked the box marked use audiopacks in Glidos but to no effect.

Thanks!

Reply 5 of 9, by pbjpb1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi paul i downloaded the preconfigured archive for Glidos and installed it according to the directions on the glidos site but the audio still doesn't play. i have vista running 0.7 vdos32 and audio pack 1.6. any ideas? thanks

Reply 6 of 9, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, as I said, the current VDos32 doesn't support this new feature in Glidos. I actually started working on this last night, but the patched version of Tomb.exe is confusing VDos32. I'm getting tracks playing, but mostly the wrong ones.

VDos32 relies on correct fixup info in a program. I think the patching is using absolute addresses without a corresponding fixup. It's going to need more work.

Reply 7 of 9, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Problem solved. You need VDos32 v0.7a and KMO's patched TOMB.exe v1.10 (both attached). I've also updated the preconfigured archive with the new TOMB.exe.

Attachments

• Filename
    VDos32.exe
    File size
    360 KiB
    Downloads
    782 downloads
    File comment
    VDos32 v0.7a
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    Release110.zip
    File size
    367.44 KiB
    Downloads
    778 downloads
    File comment
    KMO's patched TOMB.EXE v1.10
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 9, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Glidos wrote:

Problem solved. You need VDos32 v0.7a and KMO's patched TOMB.exe v1.10 (both attached). I've also updated the preconfigured archive with the new TOMB.exe.

tried updated exe plus VDos32 0.7a plus Audiopack 1.6
with TR 1 and Unfinished Business
under Vista Home Premium 32 bit :

it's all working very well, the sound back again and everything smooth as far as I can see.

Thank you 😀