VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I tested this game with GliDOS (although it was not on the list of supported games).

I didn't even manage to run the game properly without GliDOS. For some reason, the game crashed at the end of the introduction. I remember having played this in Win98 earlier (with the same machine, same specs) succesfully. Strange...

Anyway, the Instant Action worked, and that's what I tested with GliDOS. The world was drawn OK, but the main reason why it is still practically unplayable, was that none of the cockipt graphics were drawn, and most of the HUD was gone too (only the green main targeting reticle was drawn). And the mission briefing wasn't displayed at all (just a blank screen).

If this game get's supported (and I get the main game running), I'll happily pay the $10 to get rid of the rotating logo to get to play this single game 3d accelerated. It's that good. (Of course I have TR1 and Carmageddon too. Not a bad bonus, but I doubt I'd play them much).

Reply 2 of 3, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wouldn't expect a whole lot on A.D.

The 3dfx version was coded in such a way that makes it really difficult to integrate into GliDOS, as discussed here and here or here.

Paul just has this masochistic streak in him where he seems to like picking up challenges that are guaranteed to make him miserable later...

So Paul, how about a nice "PowerPC Mac" emulator? ;p

Reply 3 of 3, by Nova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

Paul just has this masochistic streak in him where he seems to like picking up challenges that are guaranteed to make him miserable later...

Coding GliDOS in the first place proves this, I think 😀

Anyway, challenges are made to be won, eh?