VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MigMig

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's been a litle while since I last used Glidos and the computer it was on long since kicked the bucket, so when I got the urge to pull out TR1 again I started fresh. I followed your excellent instalation instructions, downloaded the TR1 plus unfinished bussiness archive, downloaded a fresh version of glidos, got everything working, fed the new id into the unlock service, copied the four codes back into glidos, restarted glidos, and I still have the spinning logo!

I've double checked that the glidos ID is correct, evan going letter for letter, reset my computer, unlocked and restarted glidos two or three more times and nothing. I'm pretty stumped here.

Reply 1 of 7, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe Glidos is showing you one ID when you are on line unlocking, and another when you are off line playing TR1?

Also, try deleting the file authority.txt, and check that it is recreated by the unlocking process.

Reply 2 of 7, by MigMig

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well I'm on ADSL through a router so I'm on line all the time, and I tried it right after attempting to unlock, at any rate. I tried deleting Authority.txt, and it did reapear after I unlocked again, but I still have the spinning logo, evan after closing and restarting the program. I alos checked the contents of Authority.txt and it looks identicle to what the unlock service gave me back (I didn't check every letter though). My Glidos ID also hasn't changed in half a dozen or so attempts.