VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

First I would like to state how happy I am running TR with Glidos. The Graphics are much better now, but I guess all you guys know that!

There's only one problem, I can't hear the background sounds of the game (TR and TRUB). I was hopping you guys could help me out on this one.

My PC configurations are:
AMD Duron processor
112,0MB RAM
NVidia GeForce2 MX 100/200
SiS 7018 Audio Driver (I dunno if that's what I shoul say about my sound card couse I don't really understand computers 😜)

Thanks for your patience

JF

Attachments

• iconfunny.gif
    Filename
    iconfunny.gif
    File size
    1.38 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 12, by Unregistered

User metadata

I forgot to mention I run in Windows 98. I don't know how to check for any other information I might have missed 🙁

I did however downloaded and extracted the Update 1 for VDMSound 2.0.4. altough I do not know if this is aplicable in my case 😜

If I forgot something else please let me know

Thanks

Reply 3 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered I don't know how to check for any other information I might have missed

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

Download the "Personal System Information" version.

Just start up AIDA32 and it will tell you a lot about your PC.

I did however downloaded and extracted the Update 1 for VDMSound 2.0.4. altough I do not know if this is aplicable in my case

It's not. That is for the standard NT version of VDMSound. If you already have sound effects in the game without VDMSound, then you don't need to run the Win9x version.

If I forgot something else please let me know

Can you play CD audio tracks on your Win98 PC? All the "background" audio on PC "Tomb Raider" is simply looping CD audio tracks. Try a music CD.

Also, there was apparently a budget version that was missing CD audio? Hopefully, that's not what you have.

Reply 7 of 12, by Unregistered

User metadata

But I can't find the Unfinished Business levels to download (I think I'm not breakinf any rules asking about this since they were free, plus I do have the Unfinished Business CD)
Anyway I serched on Stella's sites and all the links to download the levels were broken
Can someone help me?

Reply 12 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Kaminari Sold Out, IIRC.

Correct. It was the "Sold Out Software" version:
showthread.php?threadid=1188&highlight=Tomb+Raider+Sold+Out

Apparently the same is true for the "Smart Saver" version of Carmageddon.

You can also find references to this by searching Paul's GliDOS "SmartGroup":
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/glidos