VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by NetScorpion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there!
I wanted to play good old Tomb Raider on my new Athlon 2600+, 512 MB, 120 GB hdd, GeForce 4 Ti 4800 SE and Terratec Aureon Fun 5.1, on Windows XP professional but it doesn't work.

I installed vdms, the game and glidos and also overwrote the old tomb.exe with the voodoo rush version...
All I get is this :

Grey screen (then total system lockup) or grey window (depending on options) with an error message :
nVidia openGL
Driver component mis-match. Retry to keep going. Cancel to exit.

If I try to continue or wait to long, system hangs... if I cancel another small window appears :

Glidos
Read failure

Without glidos (with or without vdms) the game runs fine - but hideously...

What did I do wrong ?

I also tried that Gf3 package from Dracman..doesn't work either
or I just don't know how to install it..anyway either it tells me "glide server not found"when starting z3dfx-gf3.bat or tomb.exe or the same error as above when using glidos

Please help me out !

Netscorpion

Reply 1 of 3, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think "Driver component mismatch" is the key. That isn't an error from Glidos, or one that Glidos can cause. It suggests that your graphics drivers aren't correctly installed.

What version of the drivers are you using? Are they the ones provided by Windows or ones you have downloaded from nVidea?

Reply 2 of 3, by NetScorpion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

While posting my problem I was already downloading the new drivers and afterwards updated them from version 41.09 to 44.3 (or so)...and now it does work!!!
Thanks a lot!!!!

By the way how do I setup my gravis gamepad for the game?
It seems to only recognize the keyboard...

Anyway thanks a lot for your help!!!