VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by NetScorpion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello again!

After I got glidos working, first thing I did was getting rid of the logo..thanks to the euro/dollar conversion rate 😁
, but next time please tell the people that PayPal charges $1,95 as a one-time fee for new customers...

Alright I even got my Gravis gamepad pro working fine now (thanks for the advice about JoyToKey 😁)..yet there is one last thing that rather bothers me.

I can adjust the volume of the ingame sound effects, but not the volume of the music...even setting the volume of the music to 0 has no effect at all, and if there is one thing I really don't fancy about Tomb Raider then it's the background music.
So if someone could tell me how do disable it or lower it's volume I'd be really happy (trying to shut down midi emulation in VDMS had no effect either...)..

NetScorpion

Reply 2 of 5, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was under the impression that Tomb Raider used CD Audio. In fact, I know it does. Unless there's MIDI also. Turn down the "CD" volume in your control panel, if it is in fact CD audio. (Also try "CD Digital".)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 3 of 5, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Err... yes Snover, TR music is audio CD. What did make you think NetScorpion was talking about Midi? 😀

I know next to nothing about ATAPI/SCSI commands, but from I can see, it seems MSCDEXNT and SAPUCDEX don't support CD volume control. That's why the slider in the audio menu of TR/TRUB doesn't work.

[Edit] Wait... That can't be. Volume control does work in Reguard with SAPUCDEX. OK, I'm lost 😜

Reply 4 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by NetScorpion ...and if there is one thing I really don't fancy about Tomb Raider then it's the background music.

I find that really strange. There's very little "background music" in TR. The atmospheric audio tracks really enhanced the experience for me. Kept at a lower volume level (to the point where you are not really paying attention to them directly) they are quite good.

Reply 5 of 5, by Bidgi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes. I fully agree with Nicht.

And when you get back to the title menu after a good play, the music enrich this specific atmosphear 😀

That's definitely part of what I get through Glidos, as I did'nt work natively under W2K or XP. Thanks !