VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

hi,
i have the original tombraider 1 cd.
Like i read in other post, i download the trub3dfx.exe (german file) to have the new level of tomb raider 1.
i change the glidos.ini and erase the checkdisk line but problem:

- first if you read my last post you see that i have a problem for install game and launch.

-second, i see that i can only launch glidos and original tomb raider 1 if i choise windowed mode for glicos msdos shortcut in glicos directory.
If i choise full screen the program launch vdmsound and after i see two line with dos/4WG and it's blocked, game don't launch.

For tombub.exe it's different to tomb.exe because glicos change the glicos.bat in c:\tombraid and don't put the gdlvesa instruction:

if i launch tomb.exe with glicos, glicos.bat contain:
DOSDRV
gdlvesa tomb.exe
but if i launch tombub the glidos.bat is:
DOSDRV
Tombub.exe

i'm sure it's work if it's
DOSDRV
gldvesa Tombub.exe
but if i change the .bat line and relaunch glidos, glidos always change the .bat to
DOSDRV
Tombub.exe

I try to launch a dos windows and do manually but i have message error servor, the program launch and work but i can't see it at screen! (i hear the music and i know it's work).
I test with the original tomb.exe and same prob.
To work i need to launch Glidos because manual command don't work (i don't see the game at screen but he work!).

What can i do for this prob ?

Reply 1 of 5, by Fumaras

User metadata

last post is mine, sorry i forgot my name in post.

I see only 1 difference between tomb.exe and tombub.exe for this problem.

-For tomb.exe i have the original cd and if i go in c:\tombraid and open the property for tomb.exe i see "F:\tomb.exe" (F is my dvd rom drive).
Then i haven't msdos shortcut for tomb.exe.

-For tombub (i have not the cd) in c:\tombraid if i open property, i see "c:\tombraid\tombub.exe" then there is a tombub msdos shortcut file in c\tombraid.

Does Glidos forget the gdlvesa instruction in glidos.bat if exist a dos shortcut for the program ?

Reply 4 of 5, by Fumaras

User metadata

y kaminari,
but it's the same problem for tomb raider original!
With glidos all work ok, tomb raisder original and tombub also,... but before glidos,i can't launch or install tomb raider on my computer!!!

I just see the install screen with strange color and all freeze.
I can't choise install and valid.

To install Tomb raider i use an other old computer with windows 95 and copy tomb raider directory to my new computer.
I try to launch tomb.exe but don't work!!!!
Only with glidos all is ok

I think that vesa is the key.

I launch an old program "univbe.exe" and it's say "svga not found".
univbe is an old program that search for svga card (or driver) and if found svga, use the vesa adapted to the computer but univbe is a old program, think it don't know the geforce(4) !!!
I'm sure i need a program like gldvesa.

-for exemple i can't launch the setup.exe of my original tomb raider on my computer !!!.

Think i need command like:
DOSDRV
gldvesa.exe setup.exe
but don't work good.

I don't really know how work gldvesa (return two error server), i just know that program work, but i don't see it at screen!!!.
If i make the same command with tomb raider like:
DOSDRV
gldvesa.exe Tomb.exe
program work (i hear sound) but don't see it at screen !!!
(just see soundrv and the 2 dos/4WG command in a dos window).
If i use glidos it's ok!!!

I'm sure that if i found a program like gldvesa (or know command line of gldvesa) i can launch the setup.exe (or install tomb raider) but i need vesa else all freeze!!! or not work.

Important to say that for my computer with vesa and glidos all work good if the dos window is in windowed mode, if i use full screen for the dos window, program (tomb.exe or other) not work!!! (freeze after dos/4wg)
Very strange...

Reply 5 of 5, by Fumaras

User metadata

more simple:

I use XP Home and impossible to install tomb raider !.
Then i just copy the directory tombraid on an old computer with Windows 95 to my new computer.

tomb.exe only work with glidos ( 😀 ) and gldvesa else don't work (full screen, windowed, 98 compatibility or 95,...).

But manual line in dos window (not in full screen) like
DOSDRV
gldvesa setup.exe (or tomb.exe)
return two server error and work very strange : game work (really !) but i don't see it at screen !, i just hear sound.
(In full screen dos mode, same manual line don't work, after dos/4WG all freeze).

How can i launch (and see) setup.exe to change config ?