Common searches

Help with TR1

Topic actions

First post, by Paula

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I'm trying to play TR1 with your program but I'm getting a few problems. I checked the other threads and somebody got the same problems than me but I didn't find any answer there so that's why I'm posting this.
OK, I installed the VDM sound thing, and the Glidos v1.24. Because my operating system is windows XP I did the game installation with the wizard. Also I installed the tomb.exe file from a link I found in another thread. I activated the box that says that the game should play in full window.

When I open the Glidos program, it works (it opens in a window 3/4 of the size of the total window. Is that normal??) and when I start the TR1, it opens a black window. Nothing happends. If I hit ESC, I get another window when a cut scene is trying to be played but it can't. So it jumps to the game menu. When I select new game, I get another window trying to play another cutscene but also it can't. So it jumps to the game. I can see that the graphics are improved (good for you guys!!!) but when I start to move Lara i get a lot of black squares everywhere. I can hear the background music but not for the guns and when lara is walking/running.

Uff..This is getting too long.. Anyway, I'm at my work now so I don't have the laptop with me... but if you have any idea of something I can try during the weekend would be very nice. Otherwise I can try and bring the laptop on monday and continue trying. Besides, I'm not very into computer so I will need a very detailed help. I know I have the latest drivers for my graphics and sound card.

I have read in other thread about deleting a file in the glidos program.. I haven't done anything like that. DO I have to??
Thanks for any help.

Reply 1 of 1, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think there are two separate problems there. I think TR isn't set up correctly for VDMSound, or perhaps VDMSound isn't installed correctly. I'd suggest reinstalling VDMSound, and reinstalling TR1 using the wizard (and select the VDMSound audio settings).

THe black squares is almost certainly a graphics driver problem. Download the latest drivers for your card.