VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Ook

User metadata

I just installed glidos to try it out with TombRaider 1. First I installed TR to make sure it runs OK, and it does.

I have 2 problems. 1, when I click Start Game, I get a blank screen. Nothing happens. If I alt-enter back to Windows, I see a DOS box called TOMB running. I kill it. I go to a command prompt and manually start TR. It seems to run OK, but that spinning glidos logo is ALWAYS there. From the beginning of the first level it is there. Is there any way to get rid of it for the first level at least?

Reply 2 of 10, by Ook

User metadata

I'd buy it if I thought it would work - but it's buggy and I'm not certain it will run well on my system - when it does work, that friggin spinning logo thing is always there, so it's hard to tell how well it's going to work. I had thought the logo didn't appear until the third level?

Tell me how to make it work as advertised, and I'll buy it 😀

Reply 4 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No kidding the spinning logo is there! That's the idea! It's a nag to get you to purchase GliDOS! Stop complaining about it, already. Jeeze. Your other problems are legitimate, but this just isn't.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 10, by Ook

User metadata

Broken graphics are legitimate? And I'm supposed to PAY for this????? Popping to full screen and windows and back is normal? Black screens are normal? And I'm supposed to Pay for something that does all of this? .... It's not just the spinning logo - if everything else worked, I'd fork out the bucks to get rid of the spinning logo, but this thing just isn't stable enough....oh, I get it - if you don't pay for it, it will crash and corrupt graphics, etc...hmm....

Reply 6 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Apparently you didn't catch it the first time.

Your other problems are legitimate

Since you haven't paid for the program yet, any support you receive regarding the corrupt graphics is on a charitable basis. If you want this problem to be resolved, I suggest you read the POSTING GUIDELINES for VOGONS and follow it.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 7 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The black screen is at the FMV stage and Glidos is not involved. It is likely to be an audio problem, although it is difficult to explain how you can have an audio problem if using VDMSound. It may be that the VDMSound hint dialog box is popping up behind another window. If so, you need to disable it with the check box.

The logo in the first level is my fault. You may be able to get rid of it by going to the TR menu, selecting the Glasses and disabling mipmaping. Mipmapping achieves nothing under Glidos anyway.

Reply 9 of 10, by Unregistered

User metadata

No kidding the spinning logo is there! That's the idea! It's a nag to get you to purchase GliDOS!

I absolutely agree with Ook! I experienced the same problem, it is advertised that the GliDOS logo appears in the 3rd level for the first, so you can test during the first two levels if everything runs fine. But the logo appears FROM THE FIRST SECOND I START THE GAME. This is so f... annoying that you can't tell if everything is fine or not.

Reply 10 of 10, by Unregistered

User metadata

The logo in the first level is my fault. You may be able to get rid of it by going to the TR menu, selecting the Glasses and disabling mipmaping. Mipmapping achieves nothing under Glidos anyway.

Whoops, sorry Glidos, I've overseen your reply. I will try this right now! 😀