VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dandylotte08

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

I have been a fan of Tomb Raider and I was curious of what the gameplay was like in the very forst Tomb Raider. So, I downloaded and installed the game via the Advanced Installer from Bokkie. Then, I have an ATI , so I installed Glidos. Everything from installing went on smoothly, but whenever I hit the Start Game from Glidos, a gray screen appears (I put it on full screen mode) and i hear sounds from the game(i think it is from the game) and an error report comes out(i'm not sure of what it's called) that says the Glidos MFC application needs to close.

I don't know what to do anymore. 😢 If anyone can hep me,please, any kind of help would be highly appreciated! 😊

So uh, here are some facts about my laptop:
-Windows XP Professional version 2002 Service pack 2
-Mobile AMD Duron Processor 697 MHz, 256 MB RAM
-ATI RAGE Mobility 4MB

If you have any more questions about what happened, just ask me. I'll do my best to supply the answer you need to help me play. 😊

Reply 1 of 2, by dandylotte08

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've an update! I installed VDos32, the gray screen still appears and the application still closes. The Glide server doesn't close but the VDos32 window does, sound is still heard. I pressed the enter button and I continue to hear sounds from the game even after I closed the Glide server. There is no window from Glide or Vdos32 that is opened. I checked the Task Manager and saw in the Process tab that VDos 32 was still running(that explains why i still hear the sounds) but, I don't know what my problem really is. I think it might be my laptop, or a wrong configuration. I am still trying out things to make it work.

Reply 2 of 2, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sounds like you may be using the OpenGL option, but without OpenGL drivers on your machine. If so, then either install drivers for your video card obtained from the chip manufacturers web site directly, or try selecting Direct3D in the Glidos config.

If you had to install VDos32 separately then I'd guess you are using an old version. Try v1.43.

Also, I'd suggest uninstalling TR and reinstalling using the preconfigured archives on the glidos site.