VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zardoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Everybody,
I finally got around to unlocking Glidos and it runs beautiful but I got a couple of problems. We use my wife's computer for the internet (An old P2-350) and I have my P3-800 for gameing. Now I knew when I "unlocked" Glidos I would need to do it from my gameing rig so that the key code would be correct for that system. So I disconnected our usb/dsl modem from the P2 and temporarily set up my gameing machine for the internet just to unlock Glidos. Tomb Raider, Unfinished Business and Blood all run great but as soon as I disconnect the dsl modem to put back on my wife's pc I get the spinning logo back. Looks like my internet connection is part of the system configuration key. If there is a way around having to be connected to the internet for Glidos to work that would be great. I'm going to be without internet service for a while (we're selling our house and moving). Perhaps I could e-mail my Glidos key(s) to Paul and he could e-mail me back the code "minus" the internet part. I don't know 😀
The other issue is getting my good old sidewinder game pad to work with Glidos. I've played Tomb Raider many times with it before but I'm not sure if there's a way to make it work with Glidos. I've tried using the Sidewinder profiler with both the Tomb.exe and the Glidos.exe. The D-pad works but I can't seem to program any of the buttons. You guys aren't playing Tomb Raider and Unfinished Business with the keyboard are you?(shudder)?
Any help with either of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reply 1 of 7, by Zardoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, after looking around the message board here a bit more I see getting Glidos unlock keys for a couple of systems is not a problem. But do I have to have a constant internet connection for the unlock to work? I would prefer not to have to get on the internet to unlock Glidos every time I uninstall/reinstall Tombraider/Glidos (or do a format) but if I could just unlock it and then put the modem back on the other pc I could live with that. Once I've "bought" Glidos and gotten the keys specific to my system, is there a way to use them to unlock (lose the logo) with out getting on the internet at all? Since I'm gonna be without an isp for awhile soon it would be nice. tracykemp@msn.com

Reply 2 of 7, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry, unplugging network stuff can affect the ID. You need to set up your machine just as you want it for using Glidos. Get the ID from Glidos, and store it in a text file. Then do whatever is necessary to connect to the internet, and unlock using the stored ID. Then set up your computer back how you had it when you stored the ID in the text file.

Better still would be for you to set up a little local network and use internet connection sharing. You caould have both machines always on the internet then.

Reply 3 of 7, by Zardoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks buddy, I'll try those steps out later today. As I type this it's 3:30 a.m. here. I meant to go to sleep hours ago. Been all over these boards tonight since I just got Glidos unlocked. I'm pretty hyped about TR1 and Blood I guess. 2 of my all time favorites. I also just realized that when I temporaily set up my gaming rig for the internet to unlock Glidos I set it up using the LAN/proxy option to avoid installing all the msn crap. May be part of my problem as well. Now if I can just get my Sidewinder working. (head hits keyboardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd 😀

Reply 4 of 7, by Zardoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yup, that got it. Logo's gone. It's been a long time since I gave TR1 and Blood a run through. Really looking forward to it now. I used to be able to run TR1 on my pair of Voodoo 2's but now any drivers that work for them cause problems with my GeForce 4. Any chance of seeing Duke 3D or Lands of Lore 2 on Glidos in the future? Now that Tomb Raider is running again Lands of Lore 2 is the only reason I can think of to still have a 3dfx card. Oh yeah, just thought of Montezuma's Return and Incoming. The list of non-accelerated classics is shrinking though. Thanks again Paul.😁

Reply 6 of 7, by Zardoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, heh heh, I get kinda worked up about my favorite games. I don't think anybodys actually made a working 3d accelerated patch/port or whatever of Duke 3D yet. Although it's been talked about for a long time. When I checked on a demo for Lands of Lore 2 I found a newer patch that now gives LOL2 Direct 3D support. I'm not sure but I think LOL2 was already off the retail shelves (at least around here) when this patch came out. Last time I looked there was only a 3dfx patch. So this was a very nice surprise. The full title's Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny btw. Unfortunatley I don't see a demo around. Good review over at Gamespot though. If you like big multi-path 1st person rpg's it's a good one with a sense of humor.
I want to say thanks again for all the hard work you put into getting Blood to run on Glidos. I was never able to get the 3dfx patch to work right on my Voodoo 2 cards. It ran smooth but for some reason the gamma was freakishly high. At the lowest possible setting it still looked like a washed out cartoon. On Glidos the framerates a little choppy but quite playable and it looks great. I haven't really tinkered with it much yet.
Btw, I got my Sidewinder gamepad working with Tomb Raider again. The problem had nothing to do with Glidos. I wound up just downloading newer software for the gamepad and now it's working fine. I used to run Tomb Raider with the software that came with the gamepad but that was quite while ago now. Trying to set up the game pad from within the games options/controls menu had me going nuts.
Gawd I make some long-winded posts when I've had my coffee:sly: