VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jordan_tyler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i have just recently installed GLIDOS (which made Carmageddon look amazing) however after the first time i played, the game froze after the first successful round i played. I restarted and went to try it again and the game now asks me to insert my gameplay disc, which IS inserted.

i really want to buy a full version of GLIDOS however I need the game to work well

has anyone had this issue or GLIDOS can you tell me what to do?

thanks for any help.

Reply 3 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Both those symptoms are almost certainly caused by the same problem. For some reason the game has become unable to access the CD. Might the drive letter of the CD have changed, could you be putting the CD in a different drive, might another drive be empty now when full before (or vice versa)? USB drives might affect this too.

There are two 3dfx patches for Carmageddon here: 3DfxCarm.zip and carv24rw.zip. I believe one of them avoids the need for the CD (although you then lose the videos).

Reply 4 of 4, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

some times with no cd patches if you copy the movies over to the hdd they work, i googled no cd patch for c&c tiberian sun fire storm expansion all i had to do was copy over the files since the base game tiberian sun already had the no cd the firestorm exe didn't ask for the cd so i just copied overthe files and wala i know that was too much rambling sorry.