VOGONS

Common searches

Cursor freezes in Pył (Glidos + DosXob)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Medyk87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to run an old polish game Pył. I trying to make it run for over three months. I found that the only way to make it run is to use Glidos + DosBox.
There is only one problem. When the game is in the Glide mode (set in the game setup) the cursor freezes in the corner and it doesn't move.
It works when i run the game in software mod (still through Glidos + DosBox), but the game runs very slow.
My question is why the cursor freezes ?? Is there a way to fix this ??
I think its better to ask in here.
Pył (Dust) - Help to run.

Reply 14 of 27, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm attempting to move the mouse driver into rmvesa, where it can run in real mode. It was going quite well, but I'm getting a strang crash, which I can provoke just by adding a declaration with initialisation in one of the functions, so I'm a bit confused. Still, maybe soon.

Reply 15 of 27, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is not looking too hopeful. I now have the mouse driver working, and I can get out of the first screen into the "Loading..." screen (well I imagine that's what it says), but then the game loops for ever calling GuFogTableIndexToW. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to try next. I suppose it's conceivable that the game is repeatedly calling it with a different input value looking for a particular result, and my implementation never returns that. But I'm guessing wildly here. Could be anything.