VOGONS

Common searches

Cursor freezes in Pył (Glidos + DosXob)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 25 of 27, by Ayreon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Like Medyk87 I've been trying to run Pył for a very long time, using a few different emulators. The effect was always the same - fail 😢

Glidos shows the best results. It is possible to run the game and it seems that it works great but like Medyk said there is no way to move the cursor therefore the game is unplayable.

So, what is the situation right now? Any changes or hopes for the future?

ps i've played the game years ago and I can definetly say that its worth the effort. Too bad that there is no english version ( or is it? ) 🙁

Reply 26 of 27, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Using the latest version of Glidos and the latest version of DOSBox patched for Glidos, it should be working. In Glidos the mouse is active only if you are in fullscreen mode.

Not sure about perfomrance though. I found the frame rate would drop when the environment got smokey. And I found characters would disappear and reappear as though there was a z-buffering problem.

Reply 27 of 27, by Ayreon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've finally managed to run 'Dust'. I dunno why, when I was trying a week ago I got sth like this: (check the attachment).

Mby its becouse I've changed some options. However, as You said before, the performance is veery low. On my old machine ( Athlon 1700+ - 1GB RAM - GeForce 6800) its completly unplayable.

The werid thing is that when I change to 'software rendering' in the game setup, 'Dust' runs great (but with no mouse support...).

I guess the only option left for me is to try to install Win98 again...

Anyway thx for the answer, keep it up with Glidos! 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    dust.JPG
    File size
    73.35 KiB
    Downloads
    274 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception